Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts

·
Forum Admin
8,277 Posts
I've noticed that most people who drive a Prius are crazy drivers anyways. They cut people off, pull out in front of me while I'm going 55 forcing me to slam my brakes, and they drive on the phone while running redlights. No joke!

Just some some recurring observations I see each day while driving around. :tu:

·
Retired Contributor
2010 Tundra/2015 4 Runner/2007 Prius
5,942 Posts
Even tho the Prius has regenerative braking where the generator (trans) does most of the braking it still has hydraulic brakes, so there is no reason you can not stop it. I dont believe that all these cars are having double or quadruple system failures without any fault codes being set. The prius has the brake override built in from day 1.
It's just a witch hunt.

·
Registered
754 Posts
its becuase they believe they are saving the earth and saving gas......they give each the thumbs up for each prius driver they see. same thing with the flex fuel tundras when they see the sign they give the thumbs up and shout out, "awesome flex fuel vehicle" :rolleyes:
I've noticed that most people who drive a Prius are crazy drivers anyways. They cut people off, pull out in front of me while I'm going 55 forcing me to slam my brakes, and they drive on the phone while running redlights. No joke!

·
Registered
179 Posts
manufactured problem.. brakes are fine. People can be idiots though.. you put an idiot in any kind of car and they will crash sooner than later.

·
Registered
269 Posts

I had a dude in a Prius rear-end me when I had my Taco... He admitted he was on the phone and distracted... :attention:

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I had a dude in a Prius rear-end me when I had my Taco... He admitted he was on the phone and distracted... :attention:
So what you're saying is the majority of Prius owners are crazy drivers who talk/text while driving and run red lights etc?

Stereotyping a bit? Sit at a red light and see that the craziness of texting/talking and driving crazy is spread across all vehicle owners and to categorize all Prius drivers as crazy irresponsible drivers because they are getting 50 miles a gallon is simple-minded drivel. Wipe the drool off your chin and wake up.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Prii are easy to stop, not a huge amount of rolling weight, and the sweetest part of it is that the brakes are regenerative and actually charge the batteries as they are slowing the car! :laughing3d:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts