Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to install Camburg UCA's. Been trying for an hour with no luck to get the nut of the thru bolt holding the UCA to the frame to move. It is on there with well over 100 ft-lb. Any ideas??

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
We ended up using a breaker bar to get that bad boy loose. Just take a larger diameter pipe and place it over your torque or socket wrench and pull. Thats how i loosened up the bolts that tie the hitch into the frame.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Are you using an impact? If not have you tried using a breaker bar?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I used a crows foot and a long breaker bar. Passenger side is alot easier!!! Best of luck to ya!!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Yep...a piece of pipe over your wrench. I had to break some bolts like that when I did my lift.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I used a crows foot and a long breaker bar. Passenger side is alot easier!!! Best of luck to ya!!
Finally got it. Now just need a breaker bar to get the LCA loosened up to let the shock slip into the lower mount.

Encouraging that the passengers side is easier....had to remove the battery to back the UCA bolt all the way out.

·
Premium Member
5,472 Posts
The torque specs on those bolts are 173 ft/lb for the upper and 207 ft/lb for the lower so they are gonna be TIGHT!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Go down to home depot and buy yourself an electric impact gun. I got the dewalt and it broke those loose with ease. I think I paid 200.00 dollars for it. It will be money well spent for future projects. I like the electric because I didn't want to buy a compressor big enough to run one. Oh, almost forgot, get a swivel socket adapter to fit in those tight spots.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts