Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Went To The Dealership For The Recall On The 2006 Tundra's Today And Waited Two And Half Hours For Them To Replace The Ball Joint And To Check My Tire Pressure. Does It Really Take That Long To Replace That Part And Check The Tire Pressure? How Long Did You Guys Have To Wait?

·
Registered
298 Posts
That sounds about right... but the real question is why'd you wait there? I got dropped off at school and picked up after class ended. I'd imagine it'd be a waste of time just sitting at the dealer.

·
Ever the explorer
2,391 Posts
mine was much faster than that, just have to have a tech work on it that knows what he is doing.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That sounds about right... but the real question is why'd you wait there? I got dropped off at school and picked up after class ended. I'd imagine it'd be a waste of time just sitting at the dealer.
The Guy At The Parts And Service Said 45Min To An Hour Wait(Forgot To Mention That). I Figured It Couldn't Take That Long To Swap Out The Old Ball Joint. So I Waited.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I had the ball joints replaced in February but didn’t get the official notice until yesterday. The dealer installed the ball joints and did a complete front end alignment. Checking tire pressure is a necessary part of a proper alignment. I was in at 9:00 and out before noon.

Read the SSC 70B – Recall Notice that was mailed to you. In the box under the heading “What should you do?”, it states that the replacement will take three hours or longer. That is not unreasonable if the job is done properly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts