Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long is everyone who special orders a 2007 Tundra having to wait? Is this a typical wait time for any new car, or does the wait seem to be a little longer since this is a new model?

I'm thinking about ordering in August. When do the '08's arrive?

Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
If you special order in August, you probably will not be getting your truck by the time the '08s arrive. At least we will know what the '08s will look like before you get your truck and there is a good chance that when you pick up your brand new '07 at the dealer, you will walk by new '08s on the lot.

·
Registered
742 Posts
At the moment, you can't special order. If the factory equipment you want is the same as what is being produced for your region, you can order from a dealer and expect to wait anywhere from 1 to 6 weeks. You can specify exact Post Production Options (PPO) such a mats, remote start and such.

We were first told we could not special order for a full year. Then they told us we couldn't special order for the model year. Now I have heard they will open up the order system in May. This is unconfirmed, but its possible special orders are not too far away.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At the moment, you can't special order. If the factory equipment you want is the same as what is being produced for your region, you can order from a dealer and expect to wait anywhere from 1 to 6 weeks. You can specify exact Post Production Options (PPO) such a mats, remote start and such.

We were first told we could not special order for a full year. Then they told us we couldn't special order for the model year. Now I have heard they will open up the order system in May. This is unconfirmed, but its possible special orders are not too far away.
Maybe I don't understand the term "special order". I'm wanting a DC longbed, in Desert Sand, TRD 4wd, nav with b/u camera, and of course some PPO's.... basically, outfitted almost like a Limited 8' double cab, (which we know they dont build) So, to get exactly what I want, wouldn't I have to "special order" it?

Any guesses if a sunroof will be offered in the non-Crewmax double cabs in '08???

·
Registered
742 Posts
Maybe I don't understand the term "special order". I'm wanting a DC longbed, in Desert Sand, TRD 4wd, nav with b/u camera, and of course some PPO's.... basically, outfitted almost like a Limited 8' double cab, (which we know they dont build) So, to get exactly what I want, wouldn't I have to "special order" it?

Any guesses if a sunroof will be offered in the non-Crewmax double cabs in '08???

Its a regional thing. Each regional office orders from the factory and tells the dealerships how they are equipping them. The dealers draw from this pool of trucks to fill their allocations. We can't alter the factory equipiment at all. At least not right now. If your region has ordered the DC LB with TRD, nav and buckets, you're in great shape. If not, you're out of luck until they open up our ability to change equipment.

PPOs are another story. We can change those as much as we like right up until the truck starts down the assembly line.

·
Registered
357 Posts

you will not be able to order a lot of the limited stuff form the factory, you can get leather as an aftermarket and some of the other stuff. But you will not be able to get the optitron gauges or the automatic climate controls and some of the other thing in a special order.

·
Registered
3 Posts
do you guys know if there is such a thing as specially ordering a crew cab standard bed (which is basically the frame of the double cab long bed) from the factory, or is it something i would have to surgically do myself?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Shooter2jim,

No sunroofs in C Cab(Double Cab) in 2008.....sorry man.

Yadergomez,
I recommend purchasing some good tools:) No chance anytime soon(1yr +) of this request either.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Mine will be ready any time between the 2nd & 4th week in April. This will be 6-8 weeks. I was fortunate to get every option & ppo requested. this happened for a couple of reasons. First, I researced more than 24 dealerships in my region to see what options they were getting on their trucks & if they were what I wanted. The second being I had a fleet mgr that has done this w/ Toyota for many years & knows their system. This is still no guarentee you will get what you want. In other words, it is a crap shoot. As others have stated, you stand a better chance of getting what you want if it is common for your region.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mine will be ready any time between the 2nd & 4th week in April. This will be 6-8 weeks. I was fortunate to get every option & ppo requested. this happened for a couple of reasons. First, I researced more than 24 dealerships in my region to see what options they were getting on their trucks & if they were what I wanted. The second being I had a fleet mgr that has done this w/ Toyota for many years & knows their system. This is still no guarentee you will get what you want. In other words, it is a crap shoot. As others have stated, you stand a better chance of getting what you want if it is common for your region.
Does anyone know of a website that lists the different dealer "regions"? I do a lot of business driving from Fla. to Ohio and everywhere in between, so driving to another region wouldn't be a big deal to me.

The optitron guages, auto climate control, and sunroof aren't deal breakers by any means. I'm about 75% gotta-have on the Nav. Does anyone know the price of that upgrade, by any chance, or if it's even an option on an SR5?

Thanks everyone,
Jim

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Does anyone know of a website that lists the different dealer "regions"? I do a lot of business driving from Fla. to Ohio and everywhere in between, so driving to another region wouldn't be a big deal to me.

The optitron guages, auto climate control, and sunroof aren't deal breakers by any means. I'm about 75% gotta-have on the Nav. Does anyone know the price of that upgrade, by any chance, or if it's even an option on an SR5?

Thanks everyone,
Jim
It was somewhere within the "tundra complete" thread. Try searching for "toyota regions", that should do the trick.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I'm about 75% gotta-have on the Nav. Does anyone know the price of that upgrade, by any chance, or if it's even an option on an SR5?

Thanks everyone,
Jim
yes it is an option on the sr5 and my guess would be msrp of $2,810, (but that is just a guess, if that pricing isn't out there someplace on the Internet) to have it added.

The navigation comes with the jbl stereo, steering wheel controls, 10 speakers, bluetooth and an amp.

·
Registered
742 Posts

Thanks everyone,
Jim
The whole Southeast from FL to NC is controlled by SET which is not owned by Toyota. They are on a different system enitrely. They get odd-ball port accessories and we don't share computer systems. Central Atlantic is VA, WV, MD, PA and DE. OH is in the same region is KY, TN and IN. North of here is both the Boston and New York regions.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts