Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I need to wait for the glaze to cure or can I put on the DG 105 right after the RMG? I was thinking of topping the 105 with a wax, is there a wait time between these as well?
Thanks
Jeff

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
RMG can be taken off as soon as it is applied, no need to wait for it to dry. Also, probably wait at least 12hrs to allow the 105 to cure before applying a carnauba, but you can wait less than 2hrs for applying a second coat of 105.

Post Pics!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Brandon,
I will post some pictures when I have time to do a full detail. I'm still practicing with the PC/polish/pad combination. Plus, the truck is huge and it takes awhile. Thanks for all your help, my truck is going to thank you for it.:D
Jeff

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
No prob. dude.

What is your final product lineup going to look like for your detail on the truck?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Brandon,
I'm using all of your suggestions. I purchased everything you talked about in your write up and few other things.:devil: This is addicting. I guess my lineup would look like this.

Wash
DG with lambs wool mitt-grit guard

Clay
DP

Polish
Tried using Men. FP II to get out the swirls but it wasn't working. Ordered some OC and that seemed to work better. I think I'm going to try the FP II again because I might not have let it break down long enough. I was afraid of using the OC because my truck is new, so I was trying to use the least aggressive technique first. I just need to find some time to do this because the truck is huge. I might try tackling it one panel at a time.

Glaze
RMG

LSP
DG 105 (very impressed with this, paint is very slick, and it seems to be holding up pretty good)

Thinking of topping this with Max Wax (people seem to like it on dark colors at AutoGeek)

Engine
DP engine degreaser (just received it today, can't wait to try it out)

Tires/Wheel wells
AA hotshot foam (It works good, but i go through it too quickly, plus it runs on to my rims) Thinking of trying a gel.

Simple Green-clean the tires and wheel wells
No-touch on frame and wells--this stuff works great but I go through this quickly as well but it works good so I will continue to buy it.

Windows
Stoners

Interior
Megs Quik Detail--like this stuff alot. Can use it on anything, which is great.

Ext. Trim
Megs- this stuff works good. Can you spray AW on this when you are done applying the megs? Thought this might help keep the trim looking new longer.

Thanks again Brandon for all your help, if it wasn't for you I wouldn't be able to do any of this. Autogeek has also been a great place to learn. I'll be sure to post pictures whenever I get finished. Hopefully sooner than later.
Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts