Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long will it take to replace the gas pedal job?

I refused to take the retrofit pedal, so the dealer ordered me a new one. They estimated it take them 3 hours for the replacement job. How come it takes 3 hours long? On the other hand, the retrofit task only take 1 hour. Why?

Thanks,
Cal

·
Registered
422 Posts
probably cause they are upset you are making them go through the whole process of ordering a new pedal. I'd say it's a few screws and maybe 15 minutes for the swap. you might as well drop it off for the day.

·
Registered
207 Posts
so. took my truck in to get the oil changed.
told me i had to have the petal done, would only replace the petal if i was not happy with the fix.

so an hour or so goes by... and then the truck is pulled around they tell me the mat's were also replaced per the fix. a long pause came. i asked i didnt not want my mats that i paid for replaced. dealer says we cant give them back we have cut them in half per the fix.

im not even sure were to start at this point. these new foam flat mat are ****, i ****ing hate them, the old mats at least hold fluid and dirt.

im begining to think that the offer from gm is worth it if i have to deal with stuff like a fix that you just cut half of the gas petal off and add a shim to the spring.

and then advise you that a diff,transfer case fluid change is due (19k on truck) for 350$
cabin air filter for 50$, and a madatory fuel flush for 50$.

glad that im a little smarter than you avg truck user, only thing i can guess is the 20$ dealer oil change is how they get these people in and make the money. they were realy pushing this stuff.

·
Registered
121 Posts
When they did the "patch" job on my Sequoia's pedal, it was a huge improvemnt over the pre-fix pedal. The feel was much firmer and more positive and with more resistance. I was going to snivel for the new pedal also but turned out I liked the feel of the fix even better than the original. You might try it and see how it feels to you. JMHO and YMMV.

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
I can see the shim but to cut the pedal that is a butcherjob. I have a pedal on order.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had the shim done and hated the feel. Then they replaced the pedal with a new improved reshaped pedal and it felt great. Then last week I went in for a oil change and when i got the truck back they said they did the recall on it and cut the pedal. It feels good but I don't think it had to be done. It's kind of a butcherjob.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I got the new pedal, I just called and asked for it. They had me sign a form saying I declined to have them cut the new pedal down, but it feels the same. Didn't mess with my mats, that are Husky liners from my Dodge that fit fine, and it took about an hour and a half to do the pedal, change the oil, and wash and vacuum.

·
Registered
63 Posts
told me i had to have the petal done, would only replace the petal if i was not happy with the fix.

so an hour or so goes by... and then the truck is pulled around they tell me the mat's were also replaced per the fix. a long pause came. i asked i didnt not want my mats that i paid for replaced. dealer says we cant give them back we have cut them in half per the fix.

im not even sure were to start at this point. these new foam flat mat are ****, i ****ing hate them, the old mats at least hold fluid and dirt.

im begining to think that the offer from gm is worth it if i have to deal with stuff like a fix that you just cut half of the gas petal off and add a shim to the spring.

and then advise you that a diff,transfer case fluid change is due (19k on truck) for 350$

glad that im a little smarter than you avg truck user, only thing i can guess is the 20$ dealer oil change is how they get these people in and make the money. they were realy pushing this stuff.
:eek: Are you kidding me?! They cut your floor mats in half? The ones that you paid for? That is way past crossing the line. My dealership gave me enough crap about replacing my pedal. They wouldn't dare cut my floor mats in half. Sorry that happened to ya. Hope you're able to make them pay for it, somehow. As for the other crap they tried to make you do, that's unbelievable. I can't believe dealerships actually try to pull that garbage on people. Good luck with those jerks. Btw, the pedal exchange should only take 15 mins. A few bolts and a plug in connection.

·
Registered
65 Posts

My dealer trys to pull this crap on me ALL the time. What I really love is in the manual it says to change the oil every 5,000 miles but the dealer constantly calls and sends me crap in the mail for oil changes for every 3,000 miles. Just another way for them to get more money outta ya.
I will not buy another Toyota just because of my local dealer and how chetty the service department is. Can't wait until my warranty is up so I don't have to go there anymore.

I had to literally argue with the service lady about getting a new pedal, she said she hasn't heard of if people are not happy with the quick fix that Toyota will replace the pedal. I called Toyota directly and they will be setting the dumb chick straight.:afro:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for all the comments. I dropped off my truck this morning for gas pedal replacement. I asked why it takes 3 hours. The service guy told me that they need to do other tests to make sure every thing meets Toyota standard. And they gave me a Corola as the loaner.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
My dealer trys to pull this crap on me ALL the time. What I really love is in the manual it says to change the oil every 5,000 miles but the dealer constantly calls and sends me crap in the mail for oil changes for every 3,000 miles. Just another way for them to get more money outta ya.
I will not buy another Toyota just because of my local dealer and how chetty the service department is. Can't wait until my warranty is up so I don't have to go there anymore.

I had to literally argue with the service lady about getting a new pedal, she said she hasn't heard of if people are not happy with the quick fix that Toyota will replace the pedal. I called Toyota directly and they will be setting the dumb chick straight.:afro:
why do you have to go to the dealer for oil changes? It is not required

·
Registered
23 Posts
I timed my replacement,,, they did it in the service drive... It took 3 minutes. No Chit. It was 2 bolts undone with a battery drill, unplug, plug, bolts done.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
3 hours??? That is pure bull$hit. The pedal is fastened by 2 nuts and has one electrical connector. Should take 5 minutes to replace. Literally.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts