Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry everyone...but, after reading many posts over the past couple of weeks, it appears that there is several people who are either Troll's or legitimate Tundra owners who are hating the 07' model and are unhappy. So, I thought I would start a thread that would allow those of us who are happy with our purchase to praise it and tell about how this truck makes us happy.

Bottom line, for those of you who are not happy with the truck....dont buy it, or sell it if you own it. Just please stop trying to bash the truck with myths or unproven problems. I have owned my truck for a month now and am VERY HAPPY. I have not had any piston slapping, towing problems, tranny problems, etc.... and the truck is very solid with power that is usually found in sports cars. IMHO, this is the best truck that has ever been produced. That is not subjective but a mere fact that evidently alot of people are having a problem with. I would not have a problem buying a Ford, Chevy, or Dodge if I thought it was a superior truck and great financial decision. But, RIGHT NOW, the Tundra has the best engine/tranny combo, reliability, and resale in a 1/2 ton pickup. Therefore, I am VERY, VERY happy with my truck and hope that many of you chime in to sing your praise about this truck. Thanks for reading!
Paul

·
Registered
98 Posts
Me too. The truck has impressed me with every aspect. Its built like a 3/4 tonner underneath, plush, quiet, roomy, tight structure, HUGE back seats, precision noises and big power rowing through the 6 speed auto....whats not to like? The mileage is even better than I expected. Count me as very pleased.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Same here, no issues and very happy. Do I have minor gripes, yes, does it make me somehow feel better to mention them over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over...like some members? No, it doesnt. Ive either accepted them and moved on, or dealt with them an moved on. Sounds simple right? Apparently not. :rolleyes:

:tu:

·
Registered
764 Posts
Extremely pleased. Best damned heavy 1/2 pickup I've ever seen (and best damned pickup I've ever owned period). Sure, if you want to run a 45' gooseneck hot-shotting drilling pipe down the road it's not the proper choice (a 1 ton diesel would be better). I am both a farmer and own an industrial heavy construction company and 90% of my driving/hauling would not warrant a heavier truck. On top of the new Tundra I still own 6 domestics (3 diesel 3/4 ton, 2 gasoline 3/4 ton and one 1/2 ton). The only replacement I think could come close would be the new Denali with it's 6.2L Vortec but here again the Tundra won my heart when I saw it and test drove it.

The more I drive it, the more I like it. Yee ha. Right at 7,000 trouble-free miles. It's about time somebody gave some quality competition to the traditional big truck makers.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Best half-ton on the market. Period.

Don't let one or two sour grapes (with baseless complaints for the most part) ruin the camaraderie on this board.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Very happy here....best pickup I have owned and lord knows I owned quite a few. This is my first Toyota and I am sure it will not be my last!

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Yes happy and elated, nuff said from me.:D :tu:

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
I am extremely happy... seats are so comfortable that I almost fell asleep while I was driving... had the truck for two days and have put more than 300 miles on it... great experience and it sounds great too with the TRD exhaust

·
Registered
150 Posts
Stinkin, I dont even have mine yet and I have permagrin!!

Im gaining 4 more cyls than the 2.7 taco and almost 3x the power and its a TOYOTA.
What else can you say.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Completely satisfied with my truck. Mileage not bad at all.....plenty of power......tows great......rides like a truck.......jbl system sounds descent.....quiet ride.....comfortable.........sweet lexus 6-speed auto.

I would have to say it's the best truck for my uses i have ever owned. And, yes, it's the best half ton ever made.

Number 1 is towing.....does well.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I am very happy...

smooth truck, nice ride, refined for a truck, decent mileage for a 5.7L engine, plenty of power.

And gets more looks and comments, than if I were driving a Chevy, Ford, or Dodge like everyone else.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have read several "blogs" and truck sites in preparation to buy an '07 Tundra. I just sold a 2000 Tundra SR5/TRD two months ago. I have been waiting for this '07 as it will serve my towing needs, where the '00 did not.

In any case, I too have seen the negative posts on this truck, and I have noted a common thread among them. Almost no one can site any objective reason that they don't like the truck, it seems to be endless quoting of other site or periodicals with no personal ownership experience cited. Many say they are going back to a Chevy, Ford or Dodge and dumping their Tundra. I believe it is "Big-3" owners who don't own Tundras trying to poison the well. Call it sour grapes, because a Japanese owned company has bested their favorite marks and they are having a hard time dealing with it.

I loved my 2000 Tundra and would still own it if it suited my needs. I can say that I will be dumping my 3/4 ton Suburban for the '07. So if any of you disgruntled Tundra "owners" who keep spouting off about switching back to a Chevy are reading, you can have mine cheap. It's the biggest rattle trap I have ever owned.

·
Registered
378 Posts
For my needs (not too heavy duty) the Tundra meets my needs well.

However, the only way I would get a Chevy, would be if I needed a larger heavy duty truck. Then would go for the 3/4 ton, with the Duramax and Allison Tranny. But do not have the need.

However, don't need it but for a 1/2 ton, Tundra hands down over a Silverado.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am glad to see very happy owners like myself posting here. While the Tundra is simply a truck, it is currently the best available 1/2 on the market! Is it perfect? Of course not, but for the first time Toyota has brought a truck to the table that really does everything well.....towing, braking, acceleration, quality, options, etc. I am very happy with my Tundra and love knowing that everytime I turn the key, it will start and provide me many years of great service. The big three really have their work cut out. Until then, the Tundra reigns supreme!

·
Registered
338 Posts
I sure was sad yesterday when I let a friend borrow mine for the day:cry:
I honestly never planned on trading in my '04 and cannot believe I did it, but once I drove the 5.7 I had to have it, 5k miles and looking forward everyday to firing her up! Some minor gripes, but overall best vehicle and most fun I have ever owned.:tu:

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Awesome truck, no regrets.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Paulphilly forgive me if I am mistaken did you used to own a Titan and post on Titantalk? If so how do you like your Tundra in comparison to the Titan. Thats what I am thinking about trading for I have an 04 Titan myself and the more I see the new Tundra the more I like it I have never had a bad experiance with toyota. I still like the Titan I have an itch for something new just must convince myself to start a new truck loan. Again sorry if I have you mistaken for someone with a similiar screen name.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts