Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey dont move this it is not the same question... how long does it tace a tacoma to be turned into bolts till its finished.... and is ur build date the start of this or when ur takos kompleted

·
Preferred Dealer
250 Posts
CBABZ10 said:
hey dont move this it is not the same question... how long does it tace a tacoma to be turned into bolts till its finished.... and is ur build date the start of this or when ur takos kompleted
I know a guy who's wife works at the plant that makes the Tacos. Believe it or not, your truck in most cases is started and completed in ONE shift including all the painting.

Gadget

·
Registered
46 Posts
I ordered mine Jan 31 2005 and received it on Mar 3 2005. The sticker on the door jam say manufactured Feb. 2005.
My Tundra's build date was yesterday 6/30/14 and my dealer said my eta is 7/19 +/- 2 days. I'm eager to get it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered my 2015 Toyota Tacoma from Toyota of Murray Ky the first of March and they said it would not start being built until April 6th and not get to their showroom until May the 3rd, is this common?

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
I ordered my 2015 Toyota Tacoma from Toyota of Murray Ky the first of March and they said it would not start being built until April 6th and not get to their showroom until May the 3rd, is this common?
I heard that sales are really strong right now so waiting a month for your build to start does sound reasonable. Build date to getting the truck does seem a little long though. It does seem odd they are telling you it will take a month for a truck to travel from Texas to Tn.
As for how long it takes to build a truck, pretty sure its impossible to build in one shift but I know at our plant it takes about 22 working hours. It depends on the speed of the line. Toyota calls that takt time. Our takt time is 57 seconds. So a new Corolla for us comes off the line every 57 seconds.
Your build date is the day they put that sticker on the door frame. And that is probably done in the assembly shop so basically its the day it rolled off the line.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts