Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I know there have been a few posts already on this subject but I'm ready to pull the trigger NOW on a leveling kit and need some input, I'm loving this truck more and more each day only have 900 miles on it and I'm concerned about altering my ride quality I have a DC with the TRD package and the truck rides so good just the right amount of road feel and I don't want it any stiffer not that it is stiff now but I like it just the way it is and don't want that changed although I want the nose up a little higher. Hoping to avoid using a spring compressor so I think that leaves me only a few choices? Would like to hear how anyone who has a leveling kit installed is finding the ride and install difficulty. I'm looking at a mild 2" or 2-1/2" max front end lift/level with a very small amount of rake left in the mix!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Check out the leveling kit made by RevTek out of Portland, OR. It is CNC aluminum with a 2 1/2 inch lift in the front and a 1 1/2 inch lift in the rear using blocks. Unfortunately you do have to use a compressor for installation but it is a great looking system. Their web address is Revtek - Off Road Suspension Systems - Home.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I Have the ready lift <<<< Did not go revtek because i will go Donahoe As soon as they come out,,,,,,,

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Installed Tough Country kit a few days ago. Front lift only, about 2 inches. Very happy, no ride change, easy install. Less than 100 bucks from RJR Off Road.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'am thinking about levaling my Tundy and leaving the stock tires on becaus the wheel wells are pretty well full of tire as it sits stock. It's going to be fun to mod this truck as I get extra $$$$$$$$$ to do it all with. :tu: Do they make a wind shield viser for this truck it seems like you do'nt see them much any more?????????????

·
Registered
110 Posts
how long did the front spacers take to install? And what does it entail to do the install? does it change your geometry at all so you would need an alignment after?

·
Registered
104 Posts
07TundraNC,

Looks nice, did you measure the actual raise distance? I would like to lift mine like 1-1/2" real word on the nose. I know what the kit says and the real world can be different. Also was it a quick install? Lift truck unfasten strut and let it drop?

Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'am thinking about levaling my Tundy and leaving the stock tires on becaus the wheel wells are pretty well full of tire as it sits stock. It's going to be fun to mod this truck as I get extra $$$$$$$$$ to do it all with. :tu: Do they make a wind shield viser for this truck it seems like you do'nt see them much any more?????????????
I never seem to get my questions answered????????????????:confused: :cry:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just ordered the ready lift I can't wait till it gets here so I can jump right into installing it..I might buy the Donahoe coil overs when I free up some more cash having the exhaust done right now and just put on the tonneau cover, sway bar on order,kenwood amp and aftermarket speakers,TRD pedal covers,shifter change out,Shur Trax for the bed..so for now I hope the ready lift is ok I have the Bilstiens so maybe the ready lift with those will work out for good and I can save the $900.00+ on the Donahoes...will post pics when done..

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just had the Rev-tek levling kit installed on Saturday, and I didn't notice a huge difference in the quality of the ride vs. Stock. The leveling kit allowed me to maintain my stock suspension (TRD package) and thus far I have been really impressed by it :tu:

·
Registered
699 Posts
oh I understand what they are now. no you dont see them very often, I think they look ugly but thats my opion. I dont know of any company that makes them for the new tundra. maybe try e-bay.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Tuff Country kit was easy, about 3 hours. Had to disconnect tie-rods and upper control arm to get strut out, but no sweat. Kit also came with spacers to move diff down, but easy. Alignment absolutely necessary after any lift, mine needed quite a bit of adjustment, but after that, no difference in ride quality or driving feel. Front looks the same as rear as far as wheel well gap now. Very happy with result.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Tuff Country kit was easy, about 3 hours. Had to disconnect tie-rods and upper control arm to get strut out, but no sweat. Kit also came with spacers to move diff down, but easy. Alignment absolutely necessary after any lift, mine needed quite a bit of adjustment, but after that, no difference in ride quality or driving feel. Front looks the same as rear as far as wheel well gap now. Very happy with result.
post some pics please, I want to compare it too mine with the 3" toytec lift. did you put anyhting in the rear? are you still running stock wheels and tires?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts