Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 tundra with Offroad package (yellow/blue) shocks. Currently have 56K miles. I was wondering how many more miles i should expect to have left before these need to be replace based on all of ya'lls experience.

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
common on folks, i know lots of you with 00/01/02 tundra purchased the TRD off road package that came with these yellow/blue shocks. at what mileage did you have to replace them?

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
It's a pretty subjective thing. Some guys will get 40,000 while others 110,00miles. A lot depends on how you drive, the kind of roads you drive on and just plain old luck where some last longer than others.

You probably already know this but just in case...Bounce the truck at each of the corners. If the truck continues to bob up and down after you stop, then you need new shocks. If the truck settles quickly, then your shocks are fine.

I have 84,000 on mine and I am just starting to notice the truck bouncing a bit more than normal.

·
Registered
435 Posts
At around 60k my lower bushings were crushed and one lower mount was cracked(It seperated after the truck sat on jack stands overnight). They rode fine I just romped them too hard once or twice ;). If it wasn't for the damage i'd still have them.

·
Premium Member
2,842 Posts
My original Bilsteins (an '01 TRD Offroad Package) are still in use at 96,xxx miles. Likely I'll replace them this summer, as they are getting weak.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts