Toyota Tundra Forums banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2003 tundra has 256,000 on it and I tow a work trailer several times a week. The trailer weight up to 7500lbs. The engine is good just everything else around it is falling apart.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Toyota has documented at least nine Tundra 4.7L V8 trucks with over 1.0 million miles. Interestingly Toyota buys them back from owners to help their research on high mileage engine and body wear.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm wondering if I should buy a one owner 2004 Toyota Tundra 2WD Double Cab V8 SR5 (Natl) with 375000 miles on it. It has good regular service records and they are asking $5500 for it. Any advice or opinions would be apperciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i'm at 80K, there's a guy on the site somewhere (look for the "high mileage tundras" thread, youll have to search for it) who put over 100K on a new tundra in under a year (he's a courier i think), and toyota engines regularly go beyond 200K (the dealer here in dayton has an old 22r with a big sticker bragging about being over 450K and still going strong)...just make sure you do the maintenance, like changing the oil/air/fuel filters, fluids, and small mechanical items like plugs and valves on schedule, and eventually other stuff like pumps and whatnot. there are a lot of guys on the board who are auto mechanics or old hands at doing thier own maintenance, theyre a great help for advice on how to manage some of this stuff.

lotta really helpful stuff in the old postings here on engine & drivetrain, and how-to.s in the garage section.

-sean
I have 2003 Tundra limited with 262700 0n it working great. Still original muffler.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm wondering if I should buy a one owner 2004 Toyota Tundra 2WD Double Cab V8 SR5 (Natl) with 375000 miles on it. It has good regular service records and they are asking $5500 for it. Any advice or opinions would be apperciated.
Hey flightline, I don't know where you are but that seems crazy high for that truck. Around here (Vermont) that truck would have at least a little rust and would probably go for less than half of the number you mentioned.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2003 Tundra limited small V8 with 264000. Compression and trans in great condition. Original exhausts, starter. Just put in new AC and tires. Aversge 18000 miles a year. Could use a paint job and new speakers and a steering wheel leather kit perhaps a tac weld on driver door which opens too far. Teplaced a lot of paarts over the years $8500 over 16 years. Getting 18 mpg. Suspension still a bit stiff but very reliable. Toyota hir a home run with Tundra.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2003 Tundra SR5 just turned over 305,000 and runs perfectly. I replaced the coils since I owned it and run nothing but synthetic oil. The truck amazes me with quality and dependability. Drove new Fords for years when I worked, and I would not buy a used Ford on a bet. This truck had 298,000 on it when I purchased it, but I didn't pay that much for it. Pickups in Florida are a premium and I figured if the engine went ,I could still be ahead getting another. Now it has become a challenge to see how many miles I can get on it with no major repairs. Belt change is next, I'll do it myself.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts