Toyota Tundra Forums banner

141 - 159 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Curious at what miles and what the symptoms were?
Eh... honestly dont remember. For some reason it want to say it was around 120-125k miles. Not really any symptoms. I think part of it was my fault. Had a loose terminal that I had to tighten about twice a month. I would try to start and it wouldnt do anything then id tighten it and she would start on up. Did that one day, drove home, and she wouldnt start the next morning. Just a clicking sound... for $1100 the dealer fixed it. I thought our trucks had a crank hold function and start automatically when you bump the key but ON OCCASION my truck would crank a little and stop. Still does it now even with the new starter

·
Registered
10 Posts
2008 5.7 DC - Water pump failed and was replaced (along with timing belt) at ~103,000. Emissions air pump failed at ~109,000. Repaired under Toyota extended coverage.

·
Locked in for life
1,118 Posts
2008 5.7 DC - Water pump failed and was replaced (along with timing belt) at ~103,000. Emissions air pump failed at ~109,000. Repaired under Toyota extended coverage.
Funny you say that. My water pump failed at 66k (last week). As well as the right rear wheel bearing. They covered the parts for the wheel bearing but not the water pump. 2009 5.7 Double Cab.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Don't these trucks have timing 'chains' ? Seems weird they would replace those, unless they/you meant the main (serpentine) belt for accessories.

·
Registered
109 Posts
2010 DC Tundra with 53,000 miles. Purchased new. No issues. Just occasional recalls visits to the dealer and I've got no complaints about either the recalls or the dealership. I don't live nearby our dealer so I always wait for my truck and it's never taken longer than 4-hours to complete the recall at the dealership and the 4-hour one included a drive shaft replacement recall. All maintenance service, except for the first 2-years of free stuff and the above listed recalls, have been done by me. This is hands down the best vehicle I've ever owned. And I've owned plenty. I tow several trailers, like for my fishing boat, our deck boat, the camper and a duel axle utility trailer. So it is no garage queen. She gets around. I haul kids & grandkids and their stuff. And it is my daily driver. Man, I love this truck.

·
Registered
41 Posts
2011 With 54K, I have had the cam tower leak around 1800 Miles, and the water pump at 45K. both covered under warranty, but paid for a radiator flush when the water pump went out,$167. I have the Toyota 8yr/100k Platinum warranty, and i have to agreed, best thing is, its paid off.

·
Registered
14 Posts
2010 with 143k. AIP crapped the bed about 100,000. New brakes around 120k. Power door locks on 3 doors quit about the same time. Leaking a little coolant but it's so minimal I haven't looked into it. Just bought a '16, probably gonna sell the '10 as is.

·
Registered
1 Posts
07..90k miles. Rear wheel bearing, 3 wheel speed sensors, front differential, both front axles, front wheel bearing and HVAC blower motor.

Edit..Just got the flashing lights again and installed new anti-skid wire.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I think I have posted on here before, but just wanted to go ahead and add a new one as I have a Smoking 18,500 on my 2011 MGM MC...

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2007 has over 132,000 miles and the only major repair was replacing the fuel pump when it had around 120,000 miles. I've had regular oil changes every 5,000 miles, replaced the brakes once, and replaced tires as needed. I am an aggressive driver so, this truck has not been babied. It's been through the woods, I've used it for hauling and I've used it for long trips. Currently getting 18 MPG. It's been an excellent truck and I plan on buying another one! The worst thing about buying a new one 5 years from now is the cost, which will most likely be duble what I paid in 07 by then!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have 128K on my 2007 Tundra. Just replace both rear bearings. I bought the tool to pull and press the new bearings myself. Not that hard to do. Also replaced the water pump back at 80k miles. No other repairs to date. Just standard maintenance. It's been a great truck. I pull my construction trailer everyday with it. My next truck will be another Tundra if this one ever wears out. I have a corolla with over 320k miles and still runs like a new car. I hope my truck does the same.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2008 TRD with 200,000 miles. No major issues, normal maintenance items. Oil changes, pads, rotors, battery, shocks, plugs, etc.
Had frame sprayed as part of the recall program.
Best vehicle i've owned.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2008 DC SR5 w/ TRD 4x4, just turned 87,000 miles. Routine maintance items. Under warranty had the following replaced: Front Dif for woo-woo sound, water pump, valve cover gaskets, timing chain gasket. (I took it in for a very small oil leak, and the tech said both sides were leaking along with timing chain cover.) No issues since repairs were done.
Plan on keeping it a while.
9 years later since the last post, still going strong at 200,000 miles.
No major issues. Normal wear tear items: right rear wheel bearing, u joints, brakes, fluid changes. I have dealer do the transmission fluid / filter every 80,000 miles, still shifts smoothly.
Still plan on keeping it a while.

·
Registered
1 Posts
First owner and 12 years later on this 2008 Tundra DC SR5 TRD. Only 111,259 miles on it now and still running strong with no wear and tears. No major issues. Just the normal maintenance required. All maintenance performed by Toyota. My next project is to supercharge this toy for better towing here in Colorado. Will plan on keeping this truck for life.

141 - 159 of 159 Posts