Toyota Tundra Forums banner

181 - 200 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
2001 Tundra Access Cab SR5 4.7L V8 2WD. Bought her in February 2006 when i was 18 from an original owner with 47,000 on it. Now @ 133,XXX with just routine maintenance. My first and only vehicle so far.

·
Registered
4 Posts
2004 Tundra DC 4.7 4wd 6.5in 35s, my daily driver since new has 215k. And by no means were these easy highway miles! Still running strong

·
Registered
266 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
that was posted by crazy ivan. i texted him a pic when it turned over because i've been too busy to stick the photos on my laptop yet. Thanks, c.i.

·
Registered
35 Posts
the usual, ball joints, alternators (2), coils, 1 ac compressor, 2 timing belts, 2 radiators, 2 fuel pumps, 1 rear diff, bearings, brakes, etc. original motor and tranny, and it burns zero oil in 5k. just replaced a bunch of body parts bcz of dents and a bit of rust, as well as getting rear ended, now she looks like new. anyone want to buy me a set of piaas to finish the look?

·
Registered
182 Posts
2000 V8 Limited 4x2 with 156k but 33'' tires since 30k so add about 10% to 120k = Roughly 168k timing belt 1x (getting ready for another one and water pump), 2-3 ignition packs, belt tensioner, 1x O2 sensor, new lower ball joints since I was redoing the suspension (uniball uppers and racerunner shock rebuild), new window trim piece since the old ones faded, Roughly 40 layers of Zaino and 15-20 full details over the past 15 years has kept it looking brand new. Mobil1 all around and an easy life has kept it running like it was new as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2001 Limited 4wd New to me, 153,000
Certain I am on the old belt, looked up service records, was in the dealer at 90k, no mention of timing belt.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2006 SR5 2WD Double Cab Daily Driver with 4.7 V8: 211,388 miles. Purchased this truck new in November of 2006. Has been virtually flawless.

·
Das Jugghead
7,920 Posts
that was posted by crazy ivan. i texted him a pic when it turned over because i've been too busy to stick the photos on my laptop yet. Thanks, c.i.
You are welcome.

Currently I am at 297k and some change

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am the proud new owner of a 2004 Tundra Double Cab that just turned 100,000 miles. She had a new frame installed in April of 2014. I am amazed that a 5000 pound truck can be moved with such authority [empty at least] by a V8 smaller than a 5.0 mustang. The 4.7 is very smooth and powerful enough for my needs. Longevity I feel is assured because it is a Toyota. I traded in my 1997 Lexus LS400 with over 200,000 miles and she still ran beautifully. I fully expect the same from my pickup and more. Great truck!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
2002 AC Limited here. 4.7, 2wd... Anyway, on an unopened complete drivetrain (service only, no major replacements), I'm at over 365k with nearly no problems. ERR3, burnt out Park and Drive/AC lights but that's it. Unused original spare too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
2005 DC SR5 200,000 miles and still running strong did timing belt and water pump at 175,000 and that's it probably should change out plugs lol:)

·
Registered
522 Posts
2002 AC Limited here. 4.7, 2wd... Anyway, on an unopened complete drivetrain (service only, no major replacements), I'm at over 365k with nearly no problems. ERR3, burnt out Park and Drive/AC lights but that's it. Unused original spare too.
Yep 394k here same story. tell these 200k and 100k queens to GTFO! haha

·
Registered
522 Posts
How many of you over 200k have done timing belts and the water pump? Is it difficult?
I have. No it's not difficult it was a pretty fun job. Took almost 7 hours of going slow and drinking beer though. I could do it way faster a second time around. There are tons of info just google it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm in Port Lavaca and I purchased a 1992 Tundra from a guy who had to part with it. Fantastic ride at 226,000 miles. Body is still in good shape as well as original paint. I just replaced the serpentine belt because of a squeak. Otherwise, fantastic ride and powerful truck !!

181 - 200 of 226 Posts
About this Discussion
225 Replies
160 Participants
roystundra
Toyota Tundra Forums
Tundra Solutions Forum - the best community to talk, mods, price, repair and research your Toyota!
Full Forum Listing