Toyota Tundra Forums banner

221 - 236 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: How many miles on your Tundra? Who has the highest miles and what is your engine?

It's because their odomoters roll over at 99,999. Atleast it's that way in my bro's bronco...I don't think Ford ever expected their vehicles to go that long...
420639 miles

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am wondering - who has the highest miles here and what engine? I have heard that most any engine in the Tundra- whether it be the 3.4L, or the 4.7L, both are virtually bulletproof.

One Tundra I am considering is a V8, with 165K and is stated to be in perfect running order. I have had Toyotas before with well over 200K and a Lexus with 245K- still running strong.

So, if a V8 model was well-kept, is 165K considered "high miles"?

My grandpa- when his car reaches 75K- he is ready to trade it in- it has high miles and that is with the 2000 mile oil change intervals. LOL

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am wondering - who has the highest miles here and what engine? I have heard that most any engine in the Tundra- whether it be the 3.4L, or the 4.7L, both are virtually bulletproof.

One Tundra I am considering is a V8, with 165K and is stated to be in perfect running order. I have had Toyotas before with well over 200K and a Lexus with 245K- still running strong.

My grandpa- when his car reaches 75K- he is ready to trade it in- it has high miles and that is with the 2000 mile oil change intervals. LOL
283,000 miles here.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts

2000 Toyota Tundra SR5 4x4 Green

Friday the 28th of September

CODE RED ,,TUNDRA DOWN , after 295721 miles my transmission went out and will cost more than its worth. The Green machine will be retired to my stepson .May God have mercy on its still perfectly running engine.
She been the best truck I could have ever wanted.

·
Registered
67 Posts
464000 miles factory supercharged original owner engine and drive still strong miscellaneous repairs are starting to get into the wallet but expected with the miles

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2000 V8 4.7 access cab that my dad purchased brand new in '99, and I inherited when he passed. Just can't bring myself to sell it, and is now my daily driver. Currently pushing 300k....somewhere in the area of 287k miles. Anyone else having troubles with the door latch assembly? Lol

·
Registered
1 Posts

Ok guys I am not a car guy just and always drove a truck since 1966 but for the last seven years I have been driving a used 2000 Toyota Tundra it's my working truck and it has over 250,000 miles. First guys I got to tell you my trucks work not drive around looking pretty I had the pretty ones but they don't make money.
ow the problem I have with other car owners in I never ever change oil. Yup! NEVER!! It all started in an argument many many tears ago when someone said you can blow your engine if you don't change your oil and I asked. When? How many miles before it blows? Lots of guesses but no real answers so whit a challenge I stoped changing my hard working truck oil and it passed every millage guess without a problem many years latter when I run into them again I just tell them I got a different truck and I still don't change oi; and it has over two hundred thousand miles on it hauling structural steel yea I'm a welder and towing a welder. Oh and it get wash all the time and polish when I have the energy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was ready to replace my 2000 Tundra (4.7 V8, 205,000) with a 2020 4-Runner (I had an '88 4-Runner before the Tundra) until I came across this thread. Now, I think I'll keep on truckin'.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2000 Tundra 4.7 with 255 K. Been on the forum off and on since 2003 with various handle names. Great history of information and modifications/fixes with items such as JBA headers...Hellwig rear swaybar...Mickey Thompson Classic II wheels, Bilstien 5100s (after the Fabtechs gave out in 50K miles---Bilstiens have been on since 145K) and who could forget the great aluminum rear vent window latches. I was 21 when I bought my Tundra. I am now 41. Lots of history over the last 20 years. After the radiator cratered in 2017, I thought it might be time to retire the daily driver. I bought a 2017 4Runner. I love the 4 Runner, but I still have my Tundra and drive it every-other week now. Ironically, no other issue has occured since purchasing the 4Runner. Teaching my oldest how to drive on the Tundra now. I think my truck and I are a pair for life.

221 - 236 of 236 Posts