Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how many people drag race with Tundra's or other vehicles?
I have a 95 s10 with a 355 small block v8. It has a 200 shot nos, has 750hp, and runs mid 5's with nos and low 6's without nos. I also drag race my Tundra. How many of you do this also?:D

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Runs low 5's "All Motor"(looking at high 4's with the new found head work this 2010 season)
Full tube chassis/frame,Full Roller BBC,Lenko,4 Link w/spooled 9",NHRA/IHRA Cert. etc,etc
It is street legal on DOT tires ;)

·
Banned
444 Posts
NEGRA: THat's a damn good looking car... I would be scared to run something like that...

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
To answer several PM Q's in one
Its an aluminum 802 CI Donovan Block/1400+ Hp on 91 octane,strip duty requires 112*
I still have the original frame and 638 Merlin Pro block the car originally came equipped with when I bought it .

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Everything after 60' gets kinda blurry for acouple of seconds :D
Its mostly for 1/8th mile track when yah need to whoa-up pretty quick.
The laundry sack is a 12' Simpson,never been used to date but looks damn cool hanging
out back :crazy3d:

I LOVE Racing bikes in this car,its pretty funny putting the smack down on the two wheelers:D
The car is a "T O Y " and "could" run with the big dogs but we just have fun
making pass's and kicking ***'s :baby:

...Drag chute on the back? :eek:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Street Legal 67, 9.50s 1/4. 508 bbc, Glide...blah blah blah

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very Nice Cars. I'm adding a twin turbo kit to my truck so it'll see mid to low 4's in 1/8th mile.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Love those first Gen F-Bod's with the big an littles :tu:
A rear spoiler would look tits on that ride
Points !

·
Banned
444 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
SL????? Telling me that a DOT tire? lol

Actually Yes, It has a DOT number, ......and I could be wrong but I dont remember saying thats the only set of wheels and tires I have for it :becky:

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Those are MT/ ET Streets No? (295/65/15)
I can see the groves on my screen ;)

Are those JBA LT's I see hanging under the rockers ?

Actually Yes, It has a DOT number, ......and I could be wrong but I dont remember saying thats the only set of wheels and tires I have for it :becky:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Those are MT/ ET Streets No? (295/65/15)
I can see the groves on my screen ;)

Are those JBA LT's I see hanging under the rockers ?

Thats a Yes MT/Et streets and another Yes JBA LT Ceramic Coated, You have a very good eye :D

·
Banned
444 Posts
That stuff's why I don't run the Street legal class no more.. ^^^^^^ There all purpose build race cars now.

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
That stuff's why I don't run the Street legal class no more.. ^^^^^^ There all purpose build race cars now.
Yeep, the whole notion of street drags has become a joke. Not taking anything away from the guys who drive/build the race cars, but there needs to be more effort to keep such events restricted to legitimate daily drivers.

All the machines I have raced were daily driven 20000 km per year, rain or shine, summer and winter. Pump gas, driven to the track straight from work, nothing bolted or unbolted before, during, or after. No hood obstructions, no sound violations, not scared of potholes or groceries. :ballchain:

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My drag truck is street legal. It's legal as long as it has head n tail lights, turn signals, and windshield wipers.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Can you guys check out my new blown driveshaft thread? I need help. I've been working on my motor for months and finally finished it and blew out my driveshaft.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts