Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the negative press Toyota has been receiving lately, allow me to start something on a positive note.

My 2010 Tundra has a born on date of 06/09. I took her home on 09/07/2009 (Labor Day Sale Deal!). My truck falls into the group that has the oil change CEL issue, VVT-i issue, throttle sticking problem, you name it, my truck is in that group.

However, I have put exactly 10,223 miles on her, and I have not had a single problem that other owners have posted in various Tundra forums. Wait, I take it back, she does have one BIG problem is that every few weeks, she begs me to buy accessories and add-ons, and I'm slowly going broke pleasing her as you can see from my TO-DATE SPENDING in the last six months. :biggrin1:

I had a Ford (3 years) and a Chevy Silverado Z71 (11 years), and they're both fine trucks, but my Tundra is the one I truly bonded with from the very start and have total confidence in. In fact, I am considering not even doing the pedal recall due to the way it's being done and because I know how to put the truck in netral and bring it to a safe stop if that actually ever happens.

So, how many miles have you gone in your new Tundra without any problems?

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
lots of info over in the thread created by popo and my idea...its entitled something along the lines of "i drove my truck today and nothing eventful happened" haha.

lots of us have great luck wiht them. i have 37k on mine now and not an issue. it only had one warranty repair, the tailgate latch wouldnt open....rod had fallen off. nothing else. great truck.

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Bought my 2010 DC Rock Warrior on December 14, 2009. My birthday present to myself. I have 3720 trouble free miles.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
2007 with 55,000 miles and only that went wrong was a bad cell in my battery, which was replaced under warranty. At this point with my last Chevy 2500HD I had nearly half of the engine and transmission replaced.

This is so far the best, most dependable truck I have owned. I would have total confidence driving this thing from Florida to Alaska and back if I needed to.

·
Registered
722 Posts
8300 on my 2010 DC,no issues yet. Gonna spend $40 on a "auto-window down" modual for the driver's side this month but thats more of a "feature fart" on Toyota's part. I won't mess with the recalls till the next "free" oil-change,at 10,000 miles.

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
43.8k on my '07. Trouble free if you don't count the Mazda that tried to take a shortcut under my truck.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I only got about 32k out of my 08 before the cigarette lighter element burned out. Had to get a new one - covered by the warranty.

Now at 36K and change. Have had no other troubles - other than I lack the ability to keep it at/under the legal speed limit on the highway.

·
Registered
655 Posts
17k hard miles,i beat the crap outta my truck,i feel bad at times,but shes likes being a dirty girl!!lol

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
60K and other than routine maintenance no problems. I did report the driveline bump to the dealer at ~30K but they were unable to reproduce, it comes and goes but I don't worry about it. Oh and no "sudden acceleration", I declined the recall yesterday when I had the oil change done.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
September 2007/23,000 miles
Only time it was in the shop was in the body shop cause I got rear-ended!
Awesome truck and almost three years later it is still my dream vehicle and I won't part with it for a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time!!

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Bought mine in June of 08 and currently has 22,650 miles with routine maintenance only. So far so good. (knock on wood)

·
Registered
819 Posts
Got mine in July 08 and have around 29,000 trouble free miles. Well actually my brake light will come on once every 6-9 months out of the blue and I have to restart the truck and it goes off. Anyone has an idea about this. Best truck ever owned!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Between my 2007 which I sold outright and my 2010 which is my daily driver I have 30000 trouble free miles.

·
Registered
46 Posts
2000 miles about 1/4 of that with a trailer and not a problem yet, id take this truck over the dodge diesel i had before it any day.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts