Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how much Dynamat is needed to cover up all 4 doors?

Also, is there a best way to do this? Cover up all cut outs or cover door completely?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
3 bulk packs of Dynamat did all 4 doors, my floor and back wall of my DC. Then a buddy of mine and I split a bulk pack of Damplifier Pro to do our roofs. So 3 1/2 bulk packs for me total. I did my inner and outer doors skin. If all you want to do are your doors, then 2 bulk packs should do it, with a few left over pieces.

Do the outer door skins, then seal the large holes with sheet metal from Home Depot, then apply the Dynamat to the inner door skin.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Props to you on the idea of the sheet metal to cover up the large holes with sheet metal JumboJet.
I am looking to Dynamat my 2007 Single cab that I plan to keep for several years and that would be the best idea so that if I ever had to access the window motor or something else I could just unscrew the large hole Dynamat covered covers.

I dont know if you tested it before you came up with that idea but sure seams like that would seal out the door completly. I will do my best to post pics of install on my profile.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
haha, I wish I could lay claim to that concept, but people have been doing that for quite some time when applying Dynamat. Its the proper way to seal the door.

·
Registered
98 Posts
3 bulk packs of Dynamat did all 4 doors, my floor and back wall of my DC. Then a buddy of mine and I split a bulk pack of Damplifier Pro to do our roofs. So 3 1/2 bulk packs for me total. I did my inner and outer doors skin. If all you want to do are your doors, then 2 bulk packs should do it, with a few left over pieces.

Do the outer door skins, then seal the large holes with sheet metal from Home Depot, then apply the Dynamat to the inner door skin.
On my 2008 DC, the door panel (plastic) has some hard foam pieces that protrude through the biggest hole on the inner door to cover. If I was to use sheet metal or similar to cover the hole, the door panel would not fit back on. Did you have this same issue, and did you trim or saw the hard foam away?

Thanks,
Luther

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Hey Luther, yeah, just pop that foam off, then seal the hole. I'm not really sure what exactly that foam is supposed to do, but I've been driving around without it for 2 years and my truck hasnt caught fire yet. :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hey Luther, yeah, just pop that foam off, then seal the hole. I'm not really sure what exactly that foam is supposed to do, but I've been driving around without it for 2 years and my truck hasnt caught fire yet. :)
Cool - so it just "pops" off? I'll have to check it out. Hey today I got the Rainbow Profis totally tuned up - wow, very awesome! I got to agree with you - Rainbow rocks!

Luther

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
yeah they do. I love how smooth and natural they sound. I love mine, glad you like yours too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I sealed my doors too. The front doors you just pop off the black plastic attached to the foam on the door. For the back i had to shave down the foam itself:

·
Registered
246 Posts
I used 80+ sq ft of Damplifier in my '07 DC and still need ~8 more to finish the passenger door. This got me the floor, rear bulkhead, all (4) door skins, roof, and the driver door panel. I think ~100 sq ft would do all I did, as I had a little Raamat left over I used up front.

And as said above, take that foam off the front door panels and seal the doors properly. I've used sheet metal or window screen successfully in the past.

·
Veteran Member
1,048 Posts
I used two door kits to do the doors on my CM. It was plenty of material and costs less than the bulk packs. I bought mine from Amazon.com here. Hope this helps.
Ken

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts