Toyota Tundra Forums banner

How much grease loss is too much?

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  trucknut1 
I'm in the same boat, only leaking on the driver side so far. Is there any concern over the outer boots or only the inner? I will have to drive at least another 50 miles before I can get the hose clamps on there, bought ones that were too small today... How did you get the factory clamp off the boot? I'm worried if I try to get a pair of snips or ***** on there to cut it, I'll end up digging through the boot.. Once off, did you use the regular tip on your grease gun?

Leadshot
06 Dcab 4x4
Tomball, TX

Guys - I finally got the right size clamps and got mine all sealed up. I tried to get the OEM clamp off to check the grease level and add some but finally gave up before tearing a boot! I hadn't lost much grease, maybe tablespoon from driver side so I hope there's plenty in there still. So far so good, no more leaking.. Now I gotta figure out why my front diff drain bolt is seeping, found a bit of purple on the bottom of the diff and could see where it was coming out by the drain bolt, hopefully just need to snug it up..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.