Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious to what is a "fair price"? I know what the MSRP is, but how much can I expect to get off of that?

·
Registered
754 Posts
they say to shoot for 15% off msrp with rebates. Some get better some dont, but 15% should be minimal which if you look around what prices people paid is a fair amount..dont listen to the dealers about, "I have kids to feed" lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WOW, 15%? I was thinking 5-10.

The biggest problem is this....there's only ONE truck available in the ENTRIE country for what I want. And here it is:
2010 Tundra Double Cab
8' Box
Bucket Seats
White or Black

So, if anyone knows of one of these floating around...please let me know.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Heiz,
What engine were you looking for? 4wd or 2wd? I will search my areas.

·
Registered
16 Posts
From the looks of things in Gulf States Toyota (GST) there is one 4x4 Dbl Cab Long Bed 5.7 (8335) that has a bucket seats. It is marked sold, but is has A LOT of extra options such as Nav...etc..and it's not black or white. There is a possibilty to do what is called a BOS change (order) on one for you, but I don't know how soon you want to do something. With the plant going down for a bit, it makes it a little more difficult. Just to give you an example up until last week we had the only SR5 CrewMax Bench Tundra with a Sunroof. Hope this helps, let me know if there is anything else I can do for you, or if you need more info. ~Thanks again!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just got "final price" from a dealer. It's 3.5% off MSRP, list price on step boards and autostart, and lower than average price on my trade. Doesn't sound like a great deal to me.

I never thought buying a vehicle would be so frustrating. Really wanted a truck sooner than ordering one, but maybe that's my only option.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That doesn't sound like a very good deal, but I always had heard if you order the truck you will get a worse deal than buying off the lot. I'm not sure about Toyotas, but I know some other manufacturers cash back incentives are only for purchases of vehicles in stock.

fyi - I just bought my new 2020 DC TRD and got about 13% off MSRP with the 2k cash back and 2 yr service plan and had them throw in a remote starter for the truck. The dealer had about 4 other trucks similar but not in the color I wanted/got. Other dealers usually had 1 TRD DC with 5.7 and not in my color.

·
Registered
16 Posts
That sounds about right rambler123, but we are in Gulf States Toyota (GST) so our incentives are a little different. It really depends on the dealer if they want to charge more for a ordered truck or not. It really depends when the RDR (retail delivery report) is entered into the Manufactures system as to what rebates/incentives they get, that is why Toyota or at least GST doesn't change there incentives/rebates on a weekly basis like other manufactures.

That doesn't sound like a very good deal, but I always had heard if you order the truck you will get a worse deal than buying off the lot. I'm not sure about Toyotas, but I know some other manufacturers cash back incentives are only for purchases of vehicles in stock.

fyi - I just bought my new 2020 DC TRD and got about 13% off MSRP with the 2k cash back and 2 yr service plan and had them throw in a remote starter for the truck. The dealer had about 4 other trucks similar but not in the color I wanted/got. Other dealers usually had 1 TRD DC with 5.7 and not in my color.

·
Registered
754 Posts
dont know if your out of the united states or not, but a guy in indianaopolis, IN can get you any car you want in the tundra format. All he asks for is 500 dollars over invoice price from the MSRP. He does custom tundra also, but those are pretty expensive..from the invoice you then minus the rebates from there or any other deal incentives and it is roughly 15% or more.....I can PM you his info...he can get you any truck again from toyota built to your liking. :D
I just got "final price" from a dealer. It's 3.5% off MSRP, list price on step boards and autostart, and lower than average price on my trade. Doesn't sound like a great deal to me.

I never thought buying a vehicle would be so frustrating. Really wanted a truck sooner than ordering one, but maybe that's my only option.

·
Registered
819 Posts
In July of 08 I got my truck a grade crewmax 5.7 for 22,000. The MSRP was 31,000 and some change. No one wanted a big truck with fuel prices near $4. My dad worked as a car dealer and said you should be about to get 2-3000 off right away. Just letting you know.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Hey another thing is dealers get a factory kick back for the truck. The kick back can be a couple of grand. When I bought mine they kept saying they are loosing money, and my dad was like don't forget your kick back. They knew he was no just some idiot off the street.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not always true red4rr. Florida is under the Southeast Toyota (SET) distributor. Like Gulf States Toyota (GST) we don't deal directly with Toyota Motor Sales (TMS). In GST all of our so called "kick backs" are transparent, meaning the saving if any is passed to the customer. Very RARELY do you see dealer cash that does not have to be disclosed on a Toyota in GST.

Hey another thing is dealers get a factory kick back for the truck. The kick back can be a couple of grand. When I bought mine they kept saying they are loosing money, and my dad was like don't forget your kick back. They knew he was no just some idiot off the street.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Don't start with MSRP. Start with invoice.
INVOICE Absolutely, then go down from there if you can. Always be ready to walk out- the dealership around the corner will match their price. Its a big game to them and they wont sell a truck if it costs them money so dont feel guilty demanding invoice. Be nice, but be straight up- heres what i want, i know invoice, do you want to sell it today. If not ill go to another dealer.
I actually did this over the phone with 6+ dealers and let them fight for it, very easy on me. Said i wanted it for invoice and the first one would get the sale. Let them call back. Its then in their court and they are against each other. Once the price was est. and the deal was made via fax, i drove to the dealership and signed the papers.

I paid below invoice, then also: 0% 5yr, 2yr. service free, $3000 match on down pmt.- these were all thru Toyota Corp., not the dealer.

Now is a GREAT time to buy a Tundra

·
Registered
754 Posts
PM info sent bro...I emailed the guy and he claimed he had one sitting in his lot right now with the specs you wanted....good luck and he is a straight shooter he will start at invoice. then start to deduct with rebates from there.

·
Registered
43 Posts
PM info sent bro...I emailed the guy and he claimed he had one sitting in his lot right now with the specs you wanted....good luck and he is a straight shooter he will start at invoice. then start to deduct with rebates from there.
I got my truck from the same guy IN. guy. He got me an "ungettable" truck. I checked a lot of dealers and no one could get it but him. The price was fair too.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
I give up trying to determine if I got a good deal. Truck is on the way, so just lie to me and tell me that you love me (and that they are not fake either helps):eek: at this point.
got the 2010 crewmax platinum salsa red with running boards, floor mats
MSRP was 50,476
Paid 43,500 + tax

0% 5 years
2 years free service

Thanks
Kc

1 - 20 of 28 Posts