Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm shopping around for brake parts. I need rotors for my '02 Tundra. I'm getting prices all over the board. I've looked at dealer replacements, and other "OEM" replacement parts from different auto parts suppliers online (EBC, Tirerack, etc.).

I'm also looking to get some decent pads. I know this subject has been covered, but I can't find anything on price suggestions. I just want to know what I should be expecting to spend. This is the first time I've had to replace my rotors, so I really don't know what they run.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

·
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,537 Posts
I got plain Brembo rotors and Akebono pad set at partsgeek.com.

Parts Ordered
2002 Toyota Tundra Brake Rotor, Brembo
Price: $72.75 Core: $0.00 Qty: 2 Part #: W0133-1615513

2002 Toyota Tundra Brake Pad Set Brake, Akebono, D812
Price: $43.75 Core: $0.00 Qty: 1 Part #: W0133-1618779

Sub Total: $189.25
Shipping: $6.95
Handling: $3.00-
Tax: $0.00
Core: $0.00
Total: $190.20

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I wonder if it's cheaper looking local or is it definitely going to be cheaper online?

·
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,537 Posts
Thanks. I wonder if it's cheaper looking local or is it definitely going to be cheaper online?
I highly recommend Brembo for rotors and drums. Pad sets are up to you and your preferences. I got a lot of positive feedback on the Akebono pads, and I really like them so far. No shims needed either!

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
I recommend ebc myself but there are many quality brands to choose from. Don't skimp on the pads either or buying rotors is a waste. I run ebc slotted sport rotors and yellowstuff 4000 kevlar pads and I can never go back to a stock setup in the brake department. If you want a more positive feel in the brake pedal replace the stock lines with some russell ss braided lines that fit without having to modify anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts