Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you guys help me get a good price on new truck? I want to know a ballpark range I should be looking for when going to the dealer. I've heard +/- from sites like edmonds, kbb, etc.

I was looking for 5.7L CrewMax 4wd retailing for around say $35,000 maybe invoice around 32K. I figure with all the recalls and incentives I could get a good price.

Thanks

·
Registered
404 Posts
Can you guys help me get a good price on new truck? I want to know a ballpark range I should be looking for when going to the dealer. I've heard +/- from sites like edmonds, kbb, etc.

I was looking for 5.7L CrewMax 4wd retailing for around say $35,000 maybe invoice around 32K. I figure with all the recalls and incentives I could get a good price.

Thanks
I would think that retail would be more than $35K. My 2wd TRD DC had a sticker of about $34.5K.

-Wes

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies.

The retail I gave was for a pretty basic truck even tho it is CrewMax, 4wd, and 5.7L. The only options I want are tow package, cold weather, maybe sunroof, stereo with bluetooth. It comes pretty close to 35K. I'm sure you get a bunch of stuff with the TRD package, and anything else you might add on top of that.

Also mine would probably have to come with some misc options that might bring it above the 35K but if I have a range of prices (MSRP vs actual price) people are getting trucks for I should get a good idea what I should pay.

·
E PLURIBUS UNUM
2,247 Posts
I bought my new 08 crewmax in June of 2008, sticker 38k 4x4 TRD SR5 etc...got it out the door at 30k

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks fungus, more leveraging power for me :boink:

Thats what I want to pay ~ 30K. But out the door sounds even better, I'm not sure if I can pull that one but I'll try.

·
Registered
8 Posts
my 2010 trd crewmax had a sticker of 36,3XX....i got it out the door for 30,1XX...they even threw in a line-x bedliner and tint ;)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Should of bit the bullet and bought my truck in 08. shucks!

·
Registered
710 Posts
You're not likely to get an 08 deal today, as the rebates aren't there. The 08 pricing was basically invoice less rebate.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Invoice on the truck are you describing is around $32,800, sticker around $35,600. Invoice minus and rebates would be a good deal, the truck you described is also pretty rare.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi MacCTD, I was kinda using those number as a guide but could go higher. For instance the guy who bought a 36K truck for 30K out the door. I could use 6K off the retail price, out the door as a basis of negotiation.

I've asked around my area and your right, they don't have a truck that I would want. If I wanted a moonroof it comes with power front bucket seats, alloy rims, and a few other things which I don't want. The price raises to 38,544 and I've been told 37,705 out the door is the best price they can do. I do want the 0% financing so it apparently eliminates the rebate.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I know the 08 deals were there back then but sometimes I hear these new deals and when I dig in a little I find out there was a trade involved. Those deals don't count, too many variables, people should disclose if there was a trade when mentioning how much they paid under MSRP.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just got what you described 3 days ago. Cold weather, Tow, Sunroof, alloy wheels. i Paid $100 over invoice. Total out the door was $34K

·
E PLURIBUS UNUM
2,247 Posts
I know the 08 deals were there back then but sometimes I hear these new deals and when I dig in a little I find out there was a trade involved. Those deals don't count, too many variables, people should disclose if there was a trade when mentioning how much they paid under MSRP.
No trades... no bull. Straight deal... its called the "gas was 6.00/gal in Alaska and we couldnt sell a truck to save our lives" deal.... :first:

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Bought a 2010 4WD Limited Crewmax with TRD, etc. MSRP was $46,000 and bought for $42,000 + tax and took the 0%. Did not tell them I had a trade initially, but they are a high volume dealer and readily start around invoice for negotiations. Good luck!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just checked the website of the location that I bought my 2010 DC, they have no haggle pricing.
They have a 2010 Crew cab with tow pack and cold weather pack for an MSRP of $37,713 with a sale price of $32,772
I hope this helps, The name is Toyota of Tricities, I am in Washington State.
SScott

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just checked the website of the location that I bought my 2010 DC, they have no haggle pricing.
They have a 2010 Crew cab with tow pack and cold weather pack for an MSRP of $37,713 with a sale price of $32,772
I hope this helps, The name is Toyota of Tricities, I am in Washington State.
SScott

Do you think "No haggle Price" is the lowest they will go?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts