Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...so I now know that I am wanting to get a 2010 5.7L Tundra Crewmax Limited TRD 4x4. I don't know if it is proper to ask how much you all paid for yours, but what should I pay for this truck with the following options?

- TRD Offroad Package
- Navigation, Bluetooth and Back-up Camera
- JBL Premium Sound System
- Sunroof
- Windows Tinted
- Spray-in Liner

PM me if you don't feel comfortable posting what you paid or what I should get one for.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,461 Posts

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
well there is more detail that goes into that question. Are you just buying it outright, cash, or are you financing? will you trade in a vehicle? I should think cash talks louder, and financing makes it messy as they make money off of the financing. If you trade in, if you can avoid this do so, then how much will they tell you they have to flip over into the next vehicle. Its gotta be better not to trade in, if you can avoid it.

good luck

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
After you have driven the truck you want and got a pamphlet which lists all the options. GET OUT. don't spend hours with the up front salespersons. call for an appointment with the fleet salesman/ intermet salesman. they will tell you up front how much over dealer cost they will sell for. remember the dealer makes $500 extra from holdback and sometimes another $500 on volume sales. before you go in check the dealer invoice/cost on kelly blue book, nada, and edmunds. i found that kelly was $815 higher than the other two so start with the low invoice price as your offer. they may complain and want more but you will save $3000 to $6000 over window sticker price. don't forget rebates.(listed in kelly bb)

·
Registered
859 Posts
well there is more detail that goes into that question. Are you just buying it outright, cash, or are you financing? will you trade in a vehicle? I should think cash talks louder, and financing makes it messy as they make money off of the financing. If you trade in, if you can avoid this do so, then how much will they tell you they have to flip over into the next vehicle. Its gotta be better not to trade in, if you can avoid it.

good luck
I would say that cash does not speak louder as a rule, not these days. The dealer doesn't care if you finance it as they get paid in full by the finance company right away. In fact, if you finance with them, they make even more money (as you mentioned).

What cash does do is put a brake on some of the smoke and mirror crap the finance guys pull. But, I doubt it will help you get a lower price.

Definitely better to sell privately than trade in, but there is a hassle factor.

·
Banned
444 Posts
But Cash is usually Tax free money for them... Seen it. maybe not the larger dealer though.

·
Registered
859 Posts
But Cash is usually Tax free money for them... Seen it. maybe not the larger dealer though.

How's that? It's not like they can hide the income from the sale of a new vehicle, because they have to register it.

Furthermore, cash payments over 10 grand apparently need to be reported to the feds, as part of anti-money laundering laws or something. Who on earth would risk that kind of crap for a few hundred bucks (tax on gross profit of the vehicle sale).

Low priced used junker vehicles, where they get the buyer to register it, maybe. Services, like bodywork, maintenance, sure cash might help you evade taxes, but it's hard to hide that you sold a vehicle for x amount when you send a form to the state for registration.

And the reporting to the feds anything over 10 grand in cash? I would imagine that something like cars and other types of vehicles would fall under particular scrutiny,

So, no, I don't see how cash would be tax free income at any franchised dealer.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Ok...so I now know that I am wanting to get a 2010 5.7L Tundra Crewmax Limited TRD 4x4. I don't know if it is proper to ask how much you all paid for yours, but what should I pay for this truck with the following options?

- TRD Offroad Package
- Navigation, Bluetooth and Back-up Camera
- JBL Premium Sound System
- Sunroof
- Windows Tinted
- Spray-in Liner

PM me if you don't feel comfortable posting what you paid or what I should get one for.

Thanks!
I found this exact truck in Texas for $39,500. Check on ebay, that dealership does a lot of auctioning.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts