Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at the Sequoia and I was wondering how many here park their trucks inside a garage, I can fit a vehicle with a height of 74/75 inches in my garage.

The height on toyota.com for an SR5 is 74.0 and limited is 76.2 which means I can fit an SR5 in, if that height includes a roof rack which it probably does, then I can't fit it in.

Does the height on toyota.com also include the roof rack, I figured my best bet was to ask owners before I measure one at the dealer or drive it home to see if it will fit;)

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I have a standard garage and garage door and my Sequoia (with roof rack) fits in just perfect. The side mirrors are real close but no problems.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
i park my sequoia (2WD, no roofrack) in the garage and i've still got room to spare. i'll see if i can measure it when i get home.

btw, if you've got a 3 car garage you might want to measure it's width as well. i was shocked to find out that i couldn't fit the wife's camry and my sequoia side by side! :eek: it'll fit, but it's a really tight squeeze. it seemed like my first house w/ a two car garage fit both cars better. :confused:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Our Sequoia fits in the garage fine but you have to lower the antenna first otherwise it grazes the top of the garage. 4x4 Sequoia with roof rack.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't know the height of my 03 Limited w/ roof rack, but I do know that when I go into a 6'8" garage the antenna gets knocked by the height bar at the entrance!

·
Registered
81 Posts
For Arizona we have a standard garage. The sequoia fits in fine, the antenna just barely misses it about 1/4'' off. whew. but with different mods going to happen soon, that might change the hight, so keep that in mind.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Other than the problem that toy4x4boy mentioned about the antenna...the Sequoia just fits perfectly in our 2 car garage. To stop you from hitting the garage wall....I would suggest purchasing a Park-Zone device. Amazon has them for $19.00 or $29.00

·
Registered
455 Posts
Fits just fine.

I am not sure how big or small the standard 2 car garage is, but here in TEXAS, my Sequoia fits just fine.
There is even room to spare.
AND
I don't have to lower the radio antenna either.

oh and I chose not to spend 20 buck for the wall sensor..
Just grabbed one of .99 cent plastic hanging balls. Once it touches the windshield I good..

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
egustilo said:
Other than the problem that toy4x4boy mentioned about the antenna...the Sequoia just fits perfectly in our 2 car garage. To stop you from hitting the garage wall....I would suggest purchasing a Park-Zone device. Amazon has them for $19.00 or $29.00

Dang, I wish my garage was that clean! That's something that we should get started, pictures of your ride in the garage :D

·
Registered
286 Posts
Re: Fits just fine.

Sanchez said:
oh and I chose not to spend 20 buck for the wall sensor..
Just grabbed one of .99 cent plastic hanging balls. Once it touches the windshield I good..
We use one of those black rubber stops you place on the floor. Once the tire hits it, you're good. Not as cheap as the plastic hanging ball, but works well too. :clown:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the advise guys, I have not test drove the Sequoia yet but I have test drove the V8 4Runner, amazing:D

For those of you who live in Texas or any place close to it, your garages are probably much bigger than the ones here in this 30 something year old house built in NY, their big but full size trucks is questionable, the height mixed with a roof rack ;) When I look for my own place I'll be lookin for a house with a 3 car garage and plenty of room to build a custom garage:D

It's nice to know so many guys park their Sequoias in garages when I see my next door neighbors 2001 4Runner sitting outside and he has 2 garages he could put it in:rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts