Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to put some wheel adapters (spacers) on my factory RW wheels and I was curious how thick I'd need them to be to take the tires flush with the fenders I'm think 1.25" should do it anyone know?

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
I'd say that 1.25" would be perfect! In fact, I'm about to list my set (which I used for less than 2000 miles cause I got new rims) in the Classifieds. I paid $180/shipped, and I'll probably list them for half that, shipping included ($90). I'm away from home until Monday, so I'll take pics & post them then.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
most spacers blow... I have seen hub-centric ones,, but the wheel isn't hub-centric after the spacer cause the spacers are flush.. so vibration and or the wheel coming loose is very possible... their pretty much an off road item...

·
Premium Member
352 Posts

·
Premium Member
352 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man I know spacers blow but I also like my rock warrior wheels just would like them to sit out a little more you know?

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
I got my 1.25" spacers off ebay (hub-centric also) - this was back in December, so I can't remember the name of the vendor. I did experience some vibration around 60-70mph, which would go away for awhile after a balance... but man, they really made a difference visually!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got my 1.25" spacers off ebay (hub-centric also) - this was back in December, so I can't remember the name of the vendor. I did experience some vibration around 60-70mph, which would go away for awhile after a balance... but man, they really made a difference visually!
Are you saying there was a vibration then you had the tires balanced it went away then it came back?

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Are you saying there was a vibration then you had the tires balanced it went away then it came back?
hmmmm...sounds to me like if it vibrated, then went away when the tires were balanced then would come back, that its not a balancing issue and more of a wheel working its way "un centered" if you will....that the whole thing would be centered and vibration free at first but after a while would settle back to where it was off center, whether it was hub to spacer, spacer to wheel or whatever....masterdiag, does that make sense? how im describing it? i think thats the thought you are having too..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts