Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do get the lens out?? '07 DC. Is it the two smaller torx heads that are revealed when you open the tail gate? OR do you have to twist your arm like a pretzle from underneath the rear bumper?
BTW I did do a search but came up with nothing helpful. . . . . :beavbutt:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Just installed tail light guards on my Crewmax. Like most trucks, it's those two torx head screws. Take em out, then pull each lense gently (I believe sideways away from the body.) Not too hard and not all the way off yet cause the bulbs and wiring harnesses are still attached. Just enough to get the lenses off the brackets.

Once it comes off, reach in and twist each of the three bulb sockets and they'll pop out of the holes so you can remove the lense comletely. Each bulb socket is the right size for only one hole so you can't mix them up.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
yup. just like is stated above. just like any other truck since the 80s when they had exposed screws in the lenses.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Just installed tail light guards on my Crewmax. Like most trucks, it's those two torx head screws. Take em out, then pull each lense gently (I believe sideways away from the body.) Not too hard and not all the way off yet cause the bulbs and wiring harnesses are still attached. Just enough to get the lenses off the brackets.

Once it comes off, reach in and twist each of the three bulb sockets and they'll pop out of the holes so you can remove the lense comletely. Each bulb socket is the right size for only one hole so you can't mix them up.
did you do the metal guards? if so, post up a pic....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts