Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post, so please, be nice. 2014 Tundra Reverse camera wiring.

Links for parts:

DC to DC Buck Converter (was $8.09 at time of post) Amazon.com: DROK DC 8-22V to 1-15V 5V 12V SR Adjustable Converter Step Down Module 3A Regulated Power Supply: Electronics
Steering Wheel Control (was $47.43 at time of post) Amazon.com : Metra Axxess ASWC-1 Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface : Vehicle Audio Video Accessories And Parts : Car Electronics
Adapter harness for ASWC-1(was$9.03 at time of post) Amazon.com : Metra 70-8114 Steering Wheel Control Wire Harness with RCA for 2003-Up Select Toyota/Scion/Lexus Vehicles : Car Electronics
Radio harness (was $5.13 at time of post) http://www.amazon.com/Metra-70-1761...d_sim_e_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=01XWQE6TRSM2D1WN43AY
Dash Kit (was $18.10 at time of post) Amazon.com : Metra 95-8246HG 2014 - Up Toyota Tundra Double-Din Installation Kit : Car Electronics

On to the good stuff.....
Here are the Schematics for the radio:
Radio Schematic 1.png Radio Schematic 2.png Radio Schematic 3.png The second one shows the camera, speed sense and reverse wires.

Actual Vehicle Radio Harness.png This is what you have after removing the factory radio.

Camera Connections.png This plug has the camera's video and power wires.

Power and Video Connected.png This is how to connect the Buck convertor and Video cable. The buck convertor drops 12 volts to 6 volts to power the factory camera, the video goes to your new radio's reverse camera input.

Reverse and Speed Signal.png This plug is the one that the steering wheel control adapter harness plugs into. It also has the reverse and speed sense wires along with the steering wheel control wires in it.

Steering Wheel control.png Heres the above plug with the steering wheel control box. The adapter harness makes it super easy to connect and the control box automatically "knew" it was plugged into a toyota truck and a pioneer radio,
NO PROGRAMMING NEEDED!!!!!

IT WORKS.png Here it is working!!!

Hope this helps those of you who werent sure if it would work with the factory camera.

Enjoy!

Eric

·
Registered
7 Posts
You are the man !! thank you

·
Registered
2 Posts
2014 tundra I bought everything that you bought except for my steering wheel harness adapter plug does not plug into the factory plug it is smaller than the factory plug how is this? What am i missing?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts