Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 2007 Sequoia Limited 4x4. Front passenger widow motor needs replace because it's doing the bounce off the top every time it's rolled up.

So, I look up replacement and all that is available is aftermarket. The original is denso but I guess there aren't any more oem parts.
I take the door apart and take out regulator and motor. Hmm, the regulator isn't exactly the same and the motor has only 2 wires instead of the 5 on the oem motor. The regulator did fit right into the window cavity easier than the oem. The real problem is the connector isn't plug compatible with the oem. So now what do I do? I'm guessing that I could just hook up the two power wires but how the heck to do that? Is there some trick to pulling out the pins or do I just have to use wire cutters and then twist or solder them together (horrors). The pins in both connectors look the same but the body of the connector are completely different in every way.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Yes, there is a very specific way to remove wires from Toyota connectors, you dont need to cut them at all. Its not easy to get the right knack to get these wires out but its very do able

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looks like you can get a 5 wire motor by itself from rock auto.

would be interesting to look up the circuit and to see what the other 3 wires are for. I’d be surprised if the rest of the circuits let you leave those unconnected.

For sanity and ease of replacement, I’d vote to get the 5 wire motor. Probably could get one fairly cheap from a pick a part junk yard.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
What are the odds the 5 wire could be for auto up and auto down options? If its an 07 limited does it have those features?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts