Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First timer here! First, my apologies for asking something that may have been covered in another posting, the search feature on the website isn't functioning properly tonight.

I have a 2000 Toyota Tundra, 4WD, V8. The radiator had a problem experienced by many and I ended up with the Strawberry Quick issue.

Focusing on the transmission only for this post, I've removed the fluid that was in the pan and will be installing a new filter and a gasket once they arrive. I'm wondering how to flush the fluid out of the rest of the transmission, like the torque converter, before I drive it?

·
Registered
9,281 Posts
My brother had this issue (Strawberry Milkshake) with his 2003 Tundra V8. He had just picked it up from the dealership after a transmission fluid exchange when he found the milkshake. He took it back to the dealership and had them repeat the fluid exchange. This was after a new radiator, coolant and a drain and fill was completed at home.
The best way would be an entire fluid exchange but you could easily do several drain & fill procedures until you were satisfied with the final condition of the ATF in your transmission.
This incident took place several years ago ~ my brother caught it right away ~ the transmission and new radiator are doing just fine. This was some 50-60K miles ago.
Of course, your mileage may vary.

Below you will find a nugget from our extensive DIY library that may help shed some light on the subject.

datadude

1 - 4 of 4 Posts