Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I am looking for a specific vehicle with specific options. I would like to get a truck from below the rust belt, so I am looking online all over the country.

I am looking for an 06 DC 4x4, white with dark grey interior, JBL, maybe sunroof, Tow package, and all weather guard.

My problem is I cant identify the tow package and all weather guard package from pictures.

What can I look for or ask about in order to see if the truck I am looking at has these options?

thanks

·
Forum Admin
8,250 Posts
V8 Tow Package (TO) includes Class 4 Hitch, 130-Amp Alternator, Transmission Oil Cooler, & 7-Pin Connector w/Converter
All-Weather Package (CK), from what I can tell, it is standard on all available options.

See if this brochure helps: http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1159389-post1/

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, thats helpful in identifiying option packages, but is there a way the dealer can identify which option package the truck has?
Since Toyota doesnt keep an RPO code sheet in the truck, how do I tell?
For example, I can see in the pictures a truck has the JBL because I can see the steering wheel controls, but what should I look for for other options?

·
Forum Admin
8,250 Posts
Thanks, thats helpful in identifiying option packages, but is there a way the dealer can identify which option package the truck has?
Since Toyota doesnt keep an RPO code sheet in the truck, how do I tell?
For example, I can see in the pictures a truck has the JBL because I can see the steering wheel controls, but what should I look for for other options?
When a dealer runs the VIN, they can give you a printout of what option packages the vehicle was delivered with, such as VP, TO, CK, etc. You just need to decipher those codes. I think all are available in that brochure. Any Toyota dealer parts counter can do this for you. You just need the VIN.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. thats exactly what I needed to know.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have used, on other cars, the VIN in dealer parts websites. If the option is on the car/truck it will show up. Dealer installed options will probably not show up.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
From just a visual, if it has all 4 factory installed mud flaps then its got the tow pkg. At least I think that's the case.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts