Toyota Tundra Forums banner

How to improve my tundra?

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  pirates712 
#1 ·
I just bought a 2000 Tundra V8 4WD Access cab. I have about a 4inch lift with 305/70R16 tires. I am looking into running a hose for the diff breathers. Is this a good idea? and are there any other mods that can be done cheaply that will add to style or performance? Also are cold air intakes a good thing to get for this vehicle some people say yes and others, say keep the stock? I have a magnaflow high flow exhaust system already on it, would this help the car with gas mileage if I add the intake? This is my first post so if I broke any rules im sorry.

See less See more
#8 ·
The general consensus on this board is the "cold" air intakes do not give you any significant power gains. The stock airbox pulls air from the fender, and is the same box used on the trucks with the trd supercharger. Keeping your air filter and throttle body clean are all you really need to worry about.

Other than that, what mods you should do depends on what you plan on doing with the truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.