Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea hi Im trying to see if anyone has any pictures or anything on how to Install aftermarket amps under the front seats of 07-09 Tundra crewmax?

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Honestly, you would be better off doing it behind the back seat on the floor. I did that with a really large amp and it was fine. Putting it under any one of the front seats means killing off foot room for the rear passengers as well as subjecting it to dirt, water, sand/gravel from people's shoes.
But if you're still insistent on doing it, it is easy to mount to the floor with some screws. Just be sure to grind/sand off the paint of one of the seat bolts to use for properly grounding your amp. You'll also need to cut at least one or two slits in the carpet to bring the cables to/from the amp to the wiring channels below the door sills.
Again, I would advise doing this behind the rear seats, but I'd be happy to help with more detail if you need it. Nothing too unusual about the setup; my only concern is your seating position may mean having to remove the seat to get enough room to work with, but if you're seat is either moved way up front or way back you'll be fine by just temporarily adjusting it to move in the opposite direction while you work and then moving it back to where you're comfortable sitting again.
Have fun!

·
Registered
485 Posts
I put mine under the drivers seat, its not a huge amp but it can't even be seen by the rear passenger.

Once you get whatever amp you will be using before you remove or do anything try without hooking up anything to see if you will be able to hide it under the seat to your liking, if its huge then you might want to move it to the back somewhere if its a big one.

One thing before mounting the amp figure the best position that you will mostly be seated in hiding the amp under the seat, if you will have multiple drivers then average it out, I didn't do this so I had to throw the seat back into the cab for a better look at where to mount it permanent, not a big deal if you want to do it this way.

Pull both door sill's and take 4 bolts out of each seat and you're ready to roll with the install, drilled a few small holes under the seat and mount the amp with metal screws, pretty easy I thought.

Pull the seats out, there are actually already slits to separate the carpet under the seats to slid the wires under, no need to remove middle area (bench seat or console) you can fish the wires under it to passenger side area easily, my amp is under the drivers seat, then I popped off the drivers side door sill, it pops right out and ran the ground inside the door sill channel and sanded a little spot and drilled a hole for the ground, also ran the power wire through there but it actually comes back into the cab going through that door channel and I poked a hole through the rubber boot beside the in cab fuse box and ran the power through there, this is a pain cause thats one tough rubber boot, but its worth it, I used a coat hanger with the power wire black taped to it tight, after a initial hole was made in the boot.

All the signal cables then go from the amp under the carpet and then under console to passenger side then into the passenger side door sill channel and forward kick area next to glove box, comes out very easy, take out glove box, again very easy.

Never have power wire and signal wires running next to each other thats why I ran through other side, it causes interference.

I am actually going to add another amp under the passenger seat it was so easy, signal wires are already routed so thats easy, only another power wire and ground will need to be added.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
I'll second the previous post by emphasizing the separation of power and signal cables. Always, always, ALWAYS run one set on one side and the other on the other side... NEVER run them together (most of the problems with sound quality you hear are due to either this or improper grounding). Let us know how it goes!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts