Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2007 sequoia and it has the JBL non nav radio with 6 disc in dash CD changer. I would like to add XM radio the vehicle. Is there an option avaiable direct from Toyota. Some sites I been to said it is offered others say it isnt offered. I want to be able to use the functionality of the steering wheel controls if offered

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Whats everyone else doing for XM radio installation on their Sequoia's or Tundras? I miss my XM from my old vehicle. Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
63 Posts
Not sure if this will be of any help to you, but it's worth looking into. I installed a Terk XMDTLK in a 2006 4Runner and it works great. Control and display right on the factory head unit, and connected right to the head unit so it sounds excellent. You'd think it was factory installed, and it was only $100 instead of $400. Looks like you can find it for about $160 now. The compatibility chart (attached) doesn't list Tundra or Sequoia, but if you have a SAT button on your radio, it might be worth a call to Terk.

If that doesn't work, you might be able to use a Soundlinq SLX, however it's a bit more expensive.

Let us know what works!

Attachments

·
"Rosco" Thread Derailer
5,778 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just installed this on my '06 4Runner;
XM Direct Satellite Radio Package Allows you to play XM through your XM-ready Toyota or Scion factory stereo at Crutchfield.com

Like Bubba said, sounds great and a very easy install!
I'll post picks of my installation hopefully soon.
Call Crutchfield and see if it's available for your trucks. Paid $179 after a $20 coupon through here; Coupon Codes, Promotional Codes and Discounts at CurrentCodes.com

Do you know if that system will work on units with the NAV. Also does it only display 10 charecters, or does it show the whole thing?

Thanks for any help.
fasteddiefire
07 Tundra Crew Max Nav.

·
"Rosco" Thread Derailer
5,778 Posts
Eddie, contact Crutchfield and ask about a NAV application.
I only have the Toyota HU with the small display so I need to press the "text" button to show XM info. It also (my radio) doesn't show all the info due to it's small display (10 characters).

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just installed XM in my Tundra double cab. Got the adaptor and tuner from Crutch at half price $50.

I have a Sony XM ready unit so all I had to do was to connect the RCA and BUS audio cables to the Sony.

I installed the tuner underneath the center console (rear). Excellent fit and plenty of room for wiring. I installed the adaptor up front of the console (tie wrapped) because you have to have it by the HU.

Got the XM subscripton for $60 off per year by using a promo code. You can google for these.

Need some pix?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts