Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 4x4 V8

Few years ago when I got the truck I lowered the rear with shackles 1". This made the rear still 1" higher than the front.
Which I liked since it was like my old 2000 V8 2wd model. Not as much wheel space about the tire.

Recently had a problem with it leaning. The shop said it was the front struts and replaced them with a TRQ strut.
Now it looks like the front is level with the rear or 1/4" higher.

Are there options to lower the front 1".

Thanks for any suggestions

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In case it helps someone else.

SOS performance makes a 1" lowering kit. Can also custom make one to whatever you want. Still use the same spring and shock

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just started a post about this. I think my after market shocks have raised my front by about an inch. They were on it when i bought it. But no one else seems to talk about this issue, so i wasnt sure it was the shocks or what. Did you have any luck with this?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just started a post about this. I think my after market shocks have raised my front by about an inch. They were on it when i bought it. But no one else seems to talk about this issue, so i wasnt sure it was the shocks or what. Did you have any luck with this?
Yes the aftermarket TRQ shocks and springs raised my front and made it ride like crap. I ended up going back OEM. New oem springs and Bilstein 4600 shocks. The change lowered the front and made a huge difference. So much better.

If it helps. Now my front is 20 1/2" Measured from center of front wheel to the bottom of the fender
2003 Tundra 4x4 SR5 reg cab

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how much did that cost you? OEM stuff is so expensive. But this look and feel is killing me.
I forget the total. But also my dealer told me I got the last set of oem coil spring in the US. One came from midwest the other had to come from west coast. Think total was about 800.00

Later I did find out on another forum there are a few places that make good aftermarket oem springs. But dont remember which companies. But they were cheaper. When I was looking at first I could only find springs that raised the truck. And not much help on this forum. But dont think I am allowed to post the other Tundra forum here.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If nothing else you could get oem springs from a online junk yard then new Bilstein 4600 shocks.
My springs where bad. But it seems that is rare.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts