Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tired of trying to listen for the tiny beep upon door lock. Is there a way on 2004 DC to make the horn blow loudly when I lock the doors with the remote?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Take the wire going to the piezo siren and add a relay and tap it into the horn wiring.

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
Take the wire going to the piezo siren and add a relay and tap it into the horn wiring.
Somehow I think it might be a bit more complicated than that. I remember people trying to swap camry piezo's (including myself) with no luck. You just get a little clicking sound. I'm not sure if that wire gives off enough voltage for a relay to be used.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
if your truck came with an after market system like mines, which is a KARR security system, you can turn the horn on or off. If you have one, there should be an LED indicator on the bottom of the steering column slightly to the left. turn the key to on position and cycle the button in the back 3 times(pressing it 6 times) and it should turn the horn on and off.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I also have an 04 DC, and the horn blows when I lock/unlock the doors. I can't stand it so I tried to turn it off following the directions in another post on this site. I could not get it to turn off, but it did work on my buddies 06 DC.

·
Registered
189 Posts
That is the point of the relay - It takes very little current to operate it. That is one reason to use a relay and the other is to use a low current signal (like a switch) to operate a high current device (a set a fog lights that would burn up a switch because the current is too much for the swutch to handle).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts