Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to do a retrofit on my 08 tundra. I would like to know which is the best way to open my headlights. Some people say to put them in the oven. If anyone can help me please reply to this thread. Thanks,

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
You really need to take some time using the search feature on this forum. It's a great way to get a lot of your questions answered and if you have followup questions you can just 'bump' an old thread which will keep things organized.

Most of the modifications/questions have been done/asked/answered/perfected. Take the time to search please. :tu:

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
click the link in my signature

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I did the Black headlight mod on my Tundra and baked them at like 235.F for ~8-9min and was able to pull them apart but you have to totally strip down the head light, remove the lights, all the screws, things like that. Search: Black Headlight Mod with Video, the guy in the vid shows you step by step how to do everything, very simple. :tu:

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
I've preheated my oven to 250*F and exactly 10 minutes for headlights in oven. They open up supper easy.

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
I dropped mine off the 3rd deck... But the oven works great.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Use a Dremel with a cutting wheel and cut out the seam around the light. Try and cut in in one continuous piece because you will need to hot glue that back on to re-seal the light. Good Luck!!

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Use a Dremel with a cutting wheel and cut out the seam around the light. Try and cut in in one continuous piece because you will need to hot glue that back on to re-seal the light. Good Luck!!
This is NOT how I would do it. I would bake them in the oven and if you use the search button, you will get all of your questions answered on this subject!

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
This is NOT how I would do it. I would bake them in the oven and if you use the search button, you will get all of your questions answered on this subject!
Oh come on Rudy, I was just trying to help :D

:behindsofa:

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts