Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning on doing a 5.5in lift by using CST 3.5in spindle + CST 2in spacer. However, their kit comes with a 2in lift block for the rear. In my mind, this doesn't make sense, as the truck won't be level. I currently have a 3/1 and she sits perfectly level. The 5.5in kit, as CST sells it (3.5in spindle/2in spacer/2in rear block), would seem to have the front 1.5 inches higher than the rear....and I DO NOT like the Cali Lean (front higher than rear).

Question:

What do you recommend for achieving 3.5in of lift in the rear?

I hear it's not such a great idea to use just blocks, considering the possibility of axle wrap, right?

Maybe I should use a combo of either blocks, shackles, leafs???

Someone please educate me, as I hope to do this within the next 30 days.

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts

·
...Raptor Slayer...
2,233 Posts
Planning on doing a 5.5in lift by using CST 3.5in spindle + CST 2in spacer. However, their kit comes with a 2in lift block for the rear. In my mind, this doesn't make sense, as the truck won't be level. I currently have a 3/1 and she sits perfectly level. The 5.5in kit, as CST sells it (3.5in spindle/2in spacer/2in rear block), would seem to have the front 1.5 inches higher than the rear....and I DO NOT like the Cali Lean (front higher than rear).

Question:

What do you recommend for achieving 3.5in of lift in the rear?

I hear it's not such a great idea to use just blocks, considering the possibility of axle wrap, right?

Maybe I should use a combo of either blocks, shackles, leafs???

Someone please educate me, as I hope to do this within the next 30 days.
use a lift shackle deaver leaf pack (k27's) or add a leaf with a 2 inch block you will be at 3.5 to 4 inches or just use a 3 inch block with a deaver leaf kit

1 - 3 of 3 Posts