Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay.. before everyone starts to go on a rant! YES YES! I did do many of searches but come up with nothing on how to remove the front bumper off the AC Tundra model...

so here is the problem.. i am trying to narrow down the popping or clunking noise coming from the front passenger side of my truck.. first off i was able to fix the loosed hood and grill on my truck by adjusting the bump stop... but that wasnt the culprit, and the popping and clunking noise is still there.. so now i realized that the passenger side front bumper is loosed and for some reason it doesnt have the screws holding on to it like the driver side... so are there any professionals here who knows how to remove the FRONT bumper.... ??? i greatly appreciate it!

·
7,925 Posts
Okay.. before everyone starts to go on a rant! YES YES! I did do many of searches but come up with nothing on how to remove the front bumper off the AC Tundra model...

so here is the problem.. i am trying to narrow down the popping or clunking noise coming from the front passenger side of my truck.. first off i was able to fix the loosed hood and grill on my truck by adjusting the bump stop... but that wasnt the culprit, and the popping and clunking noise is still there.. so now i realized that the passenger side front bumper is loosed and for some reason it doesnt have the screws holding on to it like the driver side... so are there any professionals here who knows how to remove the FRONT bumper.... ??? i greatly appreciate it!
Resin bumper or steel bumper?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Resin bumper or steel bumper?
Also, can you lift on the bumper and duplicate the sound? "Pop and clunk" sounds more like a suspension problem.Have you checked your sway bar end links? Lower bushing on your shock? Ball joints?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also, can you lift on the bumper and duplicate the sound? "Pop and clunk" sounds more like a suspension problem.Have you checked your sway bar end links? Lower bushing on your shock? Ball joints?
Thanks fie the reply... i only hear the noise when i drive on a road that is either bumpy or has alot of small potholes... i was able to replicate the noise by kicking the front tires and i noticed that at first the noise was coming from my hood and grill... but after adjusting the stopper... that culprit had been eliminated.. and now i am trying to fix the bumper and see if that solves anythinf.. if not then ill go onto the suspension...

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
There's a bumper shock absorber type part made of steel & rubber (don't know what it's called) located just under the plastic fender well on the edge of the steel bumper. It takes a 10mm socket with an extension IIRC to get it off. You need to pry back the plastic part to see it. One screws in from back to front and another from the underside to the top. Since you don't live in the rust belt, it should come right off. Worse case, you tear the rubber portion and pay around $10-$15 to replace it.

Next come the 4 14mm bolts holding the bracket to the frame. Loosen these after the first part and have someone hold the bumper while you unbolt them all unless you have great dexterity and can hold it with the aid of something or your feet to keep it from falling on one side while you undo the other.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I removed mine a few weeks back to paint. There is a bracket with rubber bump on each side near the tire. In your wheel well there is a hole you need an extention and 10mm socket to get it loose. Then there are four bolts holding the bumber to frame. those two brackets , two bolts each, have a handy little hook notched out on the very top of the bracket, so that you can unbolt the 14mm bolts and hang it on the hook while u unbolt the other side. . Hope that helps .here is a pic of the rubber bumper type bracket.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you for all the reply... i was finally was able to take off the front bumper.. sadly.. i had to go spend $50 bucks for both the left and right bracket, nuts, rubber bushing, and all... i guess the dumbnut previous owner lost the passenger side bracket... i might be doing a DIY on how to take off front bumper after all.. since i couldnt find a single diy on it..

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
I'll shoot you 900 points if you do. Take pics! :first:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts