Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right I am taking a shot and hoping that someone can help me with this issue.

Anyway one of the old ladies at work asked me if I could take a look at the antenna on their 2006 Corolla. It appears that her garage door snapped the antenna off.
She indicated that the local Toyota stealership told her it was going to be several hundred dollars to replace and something about the antenna having an amplifier.

Didn't make sense to me but I personally don't trust the sealership and figure they are trying to take advantage of an old lady.

Does anyone have any knowledge on how hard or easy it is to replace the antenna or better yet have the directions on how to do this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too snapped my antenna on a 2005 Corolla - the dealership quoted $200+ for parts, plus labor. Any help to fix and/or replace would be appreciated.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In my situation, the antenna is gone. The base is still there but there are wires hanging out of the base so I would assume it all needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a similar problem, but all it did was pull the antenna out of the rubber boot. Is there an easy way to get the metal nut back into the boot? I have a 2006 Matrix.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts