Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the Tundra forum. Just picked up a 2008 Tundra XSP. Loving the new (to me) truck.
One question...whoever had it before has disabled the lock alert. I dont get any beep, horn, flashing lights when I lock or unlock my doors. They may not have liked that feature but I really want to use it....he must have been sneaking back in the house late at night...
Anyway, I dont have the full system display that is covered in the manual. I do have a similar display that goes through the range, mpg and temp. But there isnt a system option.
Any ideas on how to re-set? Would unhooking the battery do it?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
New to the Tundra forum. Just picked up a 2008 Tundra XSP. Loving the new (to me) truck.
One question...whoever had it before has disabled the lock alert. I dont get any beep, horn, flashing lights when I lock or unlock my doors. They may not have liked that feature but I really want to use it....he must have been sneaking back in the house late at night...
Anyway, I dont have the full system display that is covered in the manual. I do have a similar display that goes through the range, mpg and temp. But there isnt a system option.
Any ideas on how to re-set? Would unhooking the battery do it?
Thanks!
Hate to say it bro your gonna have to take it to the dealer to hook it up to the techstream laptop to config it if you don't have a limited with the display you can change yourself. May want to poke around the forum some for the sheet that lists all the different settings and changes that can be personalized. If your gonna pay to have them set stuff up mine as get it all done at once and pay once. But I suggest taking to the sale man you baught the truck from and ask if he can get the guys in the service bay to hook you up for free since you just got the truck.

Also welcome to the forum good to see soemone else from Richmond find this place on the internet. :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts