Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone figured out how to tell if the SC on the 5.7 engine or 4.7 for that matter is still performing at its rated specification? Besides putting the vehicle on the dyno or getting a boost gauge? I know this question seems kinda stupid but either I am getting used to my SC or it is weakening everytime I drive it. Dunno?

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
Getting used to the power is very possible. Even a CR500 or Hayabusa, you will eventually get used to it and "feel" less. This is precisely why I like to take my machines to a dragstrip and see what sort of quarter mile they manage. Then it can be compared with others, or with your own results from a previous time to confirm if any degradation has occurred.

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
Anyone figured out how to tell if the SC on the 5.7 engine or 4.7 for that matter is still performing at its rated specification? Besides putting the vehicle on the dyno or getting a boost gauge? I know this question seems kinda stupid but either I am getting used to my SC or it is weakening everytime I drive it. Dunno?
Actually a good question. I guess you could drive a non SC and then decide how much more power you have. I know, not numbers based, but makes a little sense. Otherwise, need track times or dyno to test your comment, as better, worse, or the same.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, you guys are right about taking it to the track or dyno but, my problem is that I don't live near (minneapolis) an open to the public track or know of a local shop that does dyno and engine tunning work. Any help in these areas is highly appreciated! Thanks for your responses.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts