Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about changing out the head unit in my '06 DC. I have been looking at the Pioneer DEH-P3900MP. I was wondering if anyone has this unit and how ya like it?

·
Registered
435 Posts
I just got in the deh-p590ib (basically the same as teh deh-p5900ib), and its awesome. relatively large sized screen with 3 line display, controls arent cluttered at all, 3 4v preamp outputs, and a 7 band equalizer. Got it for 175 shipped through a ebay store.:tu:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just got the Pioneer DEH-P780MP CD player with rich organic color liquid display that can be programed orange to match the other internal lights on your Tundra...all the bells and whistles and you can get it on Ebay stores for about $250.00...Peace...DAcat :cool:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I went ahead and bought a pioneer deh-5900ib. Took about 30 minutes to install and so far so good. :)

·
Registered
831 Posts
I just got a DEH-P6900UB of course there aren't any installation kits available yet, so it sits in my house.
It has USB as well
I got the DEH-690UB, the premier one. I LOVE IT! USB input is awesome, cause I bought a 8 GB USB hard drive for $40 and put ALL my Cd's on it. Can't tell you how nice it is to have ALL my music at my fingertips WITHOUT CD's!! YAY BABY!

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
I have owned 3 pioneer decks and will never buy pioneer again. After 1 year the buttons stop working and lights go out, The 3rd was top of the line thinking a better deck will last longer. Thsi was a few years back so maybe they have improved

Now mind you I put my decks through alot of abuse with dirt and bouncing in the desert so this may be a factor. BUT My kenwoods have held up perfectly. The last one was in my desert truck for about 5 years and worked like new when I sold it. The CD changer is probably about 7 years old and came out of a jumped, beat desert truck and is now in my Tundra with no issues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts