Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found Husky Liners for their new CrewMaxes? Their website only had access, regular and double cabs listed for 07. My truck hasn't come in yet but want to order my liners beforehand.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Has anyone found Husky Liners for their new CrewMaxes? Their website only had access, regular and double cabs listed for 07. My truck hasn't come in yet but want to order my liners beforehand.
I decided to go with WeatherTech liners this time, with my new Tundra. I had Husky liners in my old Tacoma, and they were great. But I actually think WeatherTech is even better. The form fit on these things are great, and they cover every inch.

·
Registered
848 Posts
i agree i am going with the weathertech .. but where are you guys buying them from .. i only need the fronts but i am looking for a better deal then what you get from weathertech.com

·
Registered
479 Posts
I had Husky liners in my old Tacoma, and they were great. But I actually think WeatherTech is even better. The form fit on these things are great, and they cover every inch.
The weathertechs are cut away under the pedals and only cover half of the dead pedal so I switched to Husky Liners which do cover a lot more on my 2007 Tundra.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Do the Weathertechs let fluids drain out over the door sills, or do they have a reservoir of some kind like the Husky Liners? I bought the Husky Liners (still waiting on my truck) but I like the look of the Weathertechs better.:ts:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Any one know when the catch all carpeted mats will be available or if there is anywhere else that has a mat that covers well that is carpeted?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Do the Weathertechs let fluids drain out over the door sills, or do they have a reservoir of some kind like the Husky Liners? I bought the Husky Liners (still waiting on my truck) but I like the look of the Weathertechs better.:ts:
The weathertechs have a resevoir. I am extremely happy with mine. I purchased them from realtruck.com.

·
Registered
764 Posts
There is no question the Weathertech's look a bit more refined but that's about where it stops for me.

We're not talking about "reservoirs" here. We're talking about full upward lip protection that fully blocks liquids from slinging toward the outside from centrifugal force when cornering. Weathertechs have a little vertical containment at the outboard edge but go just as high as the side sills and then have a nice contour that flows over the sill (like a backhoe front-end bucket). That's part of the Weathertech's pleasing fit and lines. The Husky Liners ignore the sills and make no effort to look cool at the sill, they just keep going up at the side to match the other 3 side's height at a miminum (like a stock tank). That's actually the main advantage I've found with Husky Liners (I have owned both Husky Liners and Weathertechs). Other things I like with the Husky Liner over the Weathertechs are as follows: full floor coverage up the firewall and under the driver's gas and brake pedals (Weathertechs also do that but not as far). Husky Liners do not have to use any plastic floor clips or velcro pieces to keep the liners in place (helps the dimwits at the car wash get them back in easier). My Weathertech's have also lost their logo badge and passenger kick-panel velcro stickum when the adhesive softens after a few weeks at Summertime temperatures.

In summary I think Weathertechs look nice and are far superior to any plain or weathery "floor mat". Probably great for everyday use and going to the mall. Husky Liners, while having a less-refined and more utility look give better coverage and protection with simplicty for folks who get in and out of their trucks all day with mud, dust, dirt and the occasional spilled ice chest.

To each his own and irregardless of which brand somebody goes with, liners are a very smart move.

I'm surprised anybody would even try to use the Toyota OEM carpet floor mats that come with the vehicle. They are useless for real pickup truck use and actually more of a nuissance than an asset. Put 'em away in a box for the day you sell or trade in the truck. Had I paid more attention when I bought my Tundra I would have told the dealer to keep them and give me credit. And then the big swirly OEM accessory rubber all-weather floor mats are nice looking but very small with a big chunk missing where you want it ... under the gas pedals (Lawyers once again). Unlike liners they have no side edges to catch the mud/water/snow or sick passenger spew. They just seem to channel everything right to the carpet at the edge of the mat as you drive along. I see no direct weather protection from that.

Now if we could get Toyota to offer a "carpet delete" option code like X and Y brands do, life would be great.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I actually had both Husky and the Weathertech in my Tundra. I ended up buying the Weathertech mainly because it had the lip that covered the sill. If you were doing some seriously muddy work, the Husky would probably be better overall, but it didn't keep the area between the sill and the mat protected (about one inch). The guy at Trucks and Trailers USA said that the floorboards in some trucks were recessed so the upward turned lip of the Husky met the sill evenly. The Tundra is NOT that way, so the cleaner look of the Weathertech won out for me. It also protected the floorboard all the way to the sill.

The Weathertech is cut out for the gas pedal because there is little to no clearance under the pedal. On my Tundra, The Husky didn't fit perfectly under the pedal. It kept the gas from going all the way to the floor. Of course, it's not like you need the pedal to the metal too often in these new models. :)

·
Registered
479 Posts
The Weathertech is cut out for the gas pedal because there is little to no clearance under the pedal. On my Tundra, The Husky didn't fit perfectly under the pedal. It kept the gas from going all the way to the floor.
I haven't found that to be a problem at all with my 2007 Tundra.The Husky liners fit great and they do not restrict the accelerator pedal travel.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I haven't found that to be a problem at all with my 2007 Tundra.The Husky liners fit great and they do not restrict the accelerator pedal travel.
Ditto. I specifically checked for pedal clearance and any floor/liner gap on the Husky and there is no contact with the pedal whatsoever. Maybe since these trucks are new there was some variation with the first sets of liners.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks all for your responses, I'll be putting husky's in my truck as soon as it comes in(the truck that is!)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Here are a couple of pics of my WeatherTechs. Here in SoCal, we don't get that much rain, so for my purposes they are fine. Plus i like the look & fit much better. :tu:

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Here are some part numbers I found when I ordered my Husky floor liners:
Front (ALL) - 3558
Rear (Double Cab with JBL audio and no under seat storage) - 6558
Rear (Crew Max and Double Cab with under seat storage) - 6559

These are available now. I'll try to post photos of my floor liners later in my gallery.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts