Toyota Tundra Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
The illumination circuit ground runs into the combination meter(gauge cluster). Poor engineering! If there is a short then a fuse should blow not your combination meter!

I had the same problem with my illumination lighting. I research the wiring diagrams from Toyota TIS and came up with a quick fix. I spliced into the illumination ground and ran a new ground point. Much cheaper then $850!!

Let me know if anyone is still having problems with the illuminations. I can foward you the wiring diagram and my quick fix.
Any chance on getting that diagram? Thanks!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
The gauge cluster (speedometer, tach, etc) all work as they are supposed to. The problem is in everything right of the steering wheel. None of the HVAC control lights come one, nor does the passenger side floor light, or the orange center console light for the cup holder area. The clock/temp/mpg shows when the lights are not on, but with parking lights or headlights on, where that display should dim, it turns completely off. Because of all of this, I am not suspecting a fuse, but am still suspecting its something from the dimmer wire (orange/white) on the radio wiring harness. I am not sure which wiring schematic to look for to trace it back, and see where it may have effected what systems. I have a copy of all wiring schematics for the truck, just a matter of finding it.
Hi @Whistlepig. Did you ever figure out what was causing the issue with the lighting for everything right of the steering wheel? I am currently having the same issue. The Clock, Outside Temperature, HVAC control lights, Orange center console light all go out as soon as the Headlights are turned on. Everything illuminates as normal with the headlights off. Wondering if you found a solution to this problem by any chance!
Thx!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Clevelandjac, is it possible to send me the diagram for this fix?
I would greatly appreciate it!! thx!
[email protected]
Javy
This is the diagram that was posted.
there is a wire harness behind it and in Pin #37 there is a red ground wire you need to splice into it and ground it again. See attached to see what the wire harness looks like and the pin placement.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I applied this workaround fix. Worked perfectly thank you!!

I found a You Tube video that may help with dash disassembly to access the back of the cluster system

Javy

41 - 46 of 46 Posts