Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
Just bought my first truck, 05 Tundra DC. Noticed it has a hydraulic power assist, not a vacuum booster. Its the whole system built into one component, ABS system, M/C, booster (electric motor w/ accumulator). In all my research I've yet to see another Tundra (or any other toyota for that matter) with this set up.
So my question is, Does anyone out there have any experience with this set up? What are the pros/cons?
Braking feels different when comparing to a vacuum assist, I guess. Definitely grabby on the highway, and almost not enough on streets. But then I'm getting used to driving it.

I can post up pics later if anyone is interested.

Thanks ahead of time for your input!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK here are a few pics. It does make the engine bay look a little less cluttered. I'm just wondering what the reason is for having this booster. Usually these booster are for low vacuum applications, like a diesel. But this def. isn't a diesel. I'm guessing it came from factory, seeing how all the brake lines are routed and bent all crazy ways to keep the equal length.

Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I've worked on the Bendix brand system they call full-powered brakes , they have a eletric motor that will run every stop or two,,, to build pressure in the accumulator. I don't think every DC has this set up. pretty neat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've worked on the Bendix brand system they call full-powered brakes , they have a eletric motor that will run every stop or two,,, to build pressure in the accumulator. I don't think every DC has this set up. pretty neat.
I have the same setup on my 05 Toyota Tundra double cab my question is the pump kicks on and off but then sometimes it doesn't kick on at all and my pedal goes to the floor what is it that I need to fix and replace as I am confused on this particular system. It's starting not to work more more and it sends off that crazy alarm on my dash when it doesn't work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi chiming in for the first time. I have a ‘04 access cab and have been looking for brake system improvements...These ‘hydro boost’ systems are supposed to be better by far but electric motors can fail and cause a cascade effect. Check these guys out for expert advice. Cheers

powerbrakeservice.net

1 - 7 of 7 Posts