Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so these pictures are not mine, they were taken from a tundratalk.com thread, but my camera isn't charged and I don't want to mess this thing up....

so inside of my air box, i have a k&n drop in filter, but I noticed that there is another filter on the tube that the mass air flow sensor is connected to. Do I need that since I have a k&n?

apparently they all come apart like that...
so ditch the extra filter and get some more air flow, or keep it and be safe?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I don't have that with my KN and I've had zero problems. I'd say get rid of it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
noticed any difference? I just did the air box mod and it sounds a LOT better without that damn hose sticking into the wheel well.

·
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,537 Posts
That's the HC (hydrocarbon) abatement element. It is an emissions control component purposed with capturing combustion byproducts flowing back through the intake after engine shutdown. You can remove it or leave it. Despite random assertions to the contrary, it has no bearing whatsoever on intake airflow, mileage, horsepower, radio reception, or lumbar support.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
That's the HC (hydrocarbon) abatement element. It is an emissions control component purposed with capturing combustion byproducts flowing back through the intake after engine shutdown. You can remove it or leave it. Despite random assertions to the contrary, it has no bearing whatsoever on intake airflow, mileage, horsepower, radio reception, or lumbar support.
Someone said removing it is good for 50hp and 10 mpg.:confused:

·
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,537 Posts
Someone said removing it is good for 50hp and 10 mpg.:confused:
No, that was the 'window wiper mod' (removing the passenger side wiper blade). Wind tunnel tests conclusively showed it gave the Tundra the same drag coefficient as a Porsche Boxter. They're still testing the radio antenna mod (snipping it off so only 3" stick up...), but results are promising. :p

·
Veteran Member
1,048 Posts
Damn. I really need the lumbar support...

·
7,925 Posts
No, that was the 'window wiper mod' (removing the passenger side wiper blade). Wind tunnel tests conclusively showed it gave the Tundra the same drag coefficient as a Porsche Boxter. They're still testing the radio antenna mod (snipping it off so only 3" stick up...), but results are promising. :p
Passenger side wiper blade - THAT WAS MY IDEA!!!

·
...Raptor Slayer...
2,233 Posts
I WANT THIS MOD

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
That was really funny:D

·
7,925 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the hyperdrive button. It's hidden behind the ashtray.

Time to revive the Changing blinker fluid??? thread?

·
Registered
831 Posts
I need one of those hydrocarbon filters on my ass!

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
I need one of those hydrocarbon filters on my ass!
You may be on to something Marauder.

Have the filter sewn into the seat cushion and piped into a cataclysmic converter so's not to offend your passengers AND meet emissions standards.

·
7,925 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts