Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was out today driving in my truck and got a call from the guy from the ford dealer in Smithtown. He called to inform me that he was with a dodge dealer in Commack and precede to ask if I had gotten a truck and I said yes I had purchased a Tundra .He then precede to tell me I was not a true American for buying Japanese:eek:{ there was a few other words but I can't remember what they where}. Well my wife and two small ones where in the truck so I had to restrain my remarks So I simply stated that" I brought the best truck built in America" he mudder something and I hung up It has been burn my *** all day.

So this is my question to you should I

1. Just let it slip by

2. Call the dealer this nimrod is working at now and rip them a new ******* about this tool calling me

3. Send in the hoards of buddy's to waste his time and have them wait till he call and then tell him they all brought Tundras

4. Go there and rip him a new ******* in front of his boss's

5. 4 and then 3

OH yeah I forgot the dimwit kept showing me every thing I did not want I want a F150 4door this tool try to tell me that the F250 ext cad was the same size and he could give me a great deal on the new one he was showing me {It was at least a year old and the tires showed it} beside the trailer hitch was rusty He said they're like that because they do not coat the inside of the receiver and the slowe of incompatence go's on Iwould not have brought a truck from this numbnut even if it was dipped in 24kr gold and was $1 buck

·
Premium Member
152 Posts

You're happy with your decision and that's all that matters. You and your family enjoy the hell out of your truck.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Im gonna vote for number 6, which is 4, 3, and 2. Id wanna kick the guys a$$.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I would at least talk to a manager about his actions. If you could talk to the person in-charge of the dealership, that would be even better. This whole "Buying Toyota means you're not American" crap should stop. I would be professional and take it easy on whoever you talk to unless they decide to be an a** about it.

Oh yeah, be sure to do a nice burnout when leaving :devil:

JMHO

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Its kinda ironic and I got lucky I guess in that I live in farm country, and most the farmers drive old 90 model Tacomas thatve been through hell and still run, so they all think its awesome I got a new Toyota. Ive had like 6 "good ole boys" compliment me on the truck in a week of owning it and havent gotten a single negative remark yet. Count my blessing I guess right.

·
Registered
55 Posts
It's kind of funny who will actually compliment you on your purchase. My grandpa is a retired farmer, he's owned nothing but Ford and Chevys (depending on which dealer would give him the best deal). My first truck was his old 70 chevy (over 16 years ago) he bought brand new. Anyways, I thought for sure he'd have something to say about me not buying an American truck. Instead of a lecture, I got one of those way to go," I'm glad to see you bought a good truck...." In fact he even mentioned how nice it was to see that the Tundra is actually made in american instead of south of the border like his current chevy.

If it was me, I'd let it go. You made the decision based on what work best for you. The salesperson was probably venting of his frustration because of a loss of a sale. Ya he shouldn't have taken it out on you but afterall it came from a car salesmen.

Jason

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I doubt you'll get very far with this guy's current boss. He'll probably get a pat on the back for being aggressive enough to cull some leads from his previous job. His OLD boss, however, will probably be interested in knowing that one of his ex-sales people is calling one of their leads.

It's pretty unethical (as if ethics had anything to do with it_) for the salesman to call a contact that he made at the other dealership. It would not be uncommon for the salesman to have signed a non-compete agreement that prohibited just that sort of thing. If you don't mention that you have already bought a truck the old boss will surely be pissed - maybe enough to call the Dodge dealership and threaten legal action for tortuous interference in a business relationship - between you and the Ford dealership.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I doubt you'll get very far with this guy's current boss. He'll probably get a pat on the back for being aggressive enough to cull some leads from his previous job. His OLD boss, however, will probably be interested in knowing that one of his ex-sales people is calling one of their leads.

It's pretty unethical (as if ethics had anything to do with it_) for the salesman to call a contact that he made at the other dealership. It would not be uncommon for the salesman to have signed a non-compete agreement that prohibited just that sort of thing. If you don't mention that you have already bought a truck the old boss will surely be pissed - maybe enough to call the Dodge dealership and threaten legal action for tortuous interference in a business relationship - between you and the Ford dealership.

EWA! I like that number 8

·
Registered
379 Posts
Just ignore it, many salesmen are scum and don't deserve the time and effort of your thoughts. When I was looking for a truck, I was checking out primarily the F-150, Tundra, and Titan. After looking at the Titan, I told the salesman (who I'd spent all of 5 minutes with) that I was going to go to the Ford dealer and check out the F-150. He said "hold on, I'm going to get you something, I'll be right back". I wait another 5 minutes for him to come back out, at which point he hands me a business card for a tow truck company and says, "my sales manager said if you're going to get an F-150 you'll need this". Needless to say I've never been back to that dealership and never will. When a salesman pulls some childish stunt like that, I'm not going to waste my time with them. I'll just find a dealer who will act like an adult.

By the way, I've learned long ago never to give dealers my phone numbers unless I'm in the process of negotiating a deal on a vehicle I'm going to buy.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
By the way, I've learned long ago never to give dealers my phone numbers unless I'm in the process of negotiating a deal on a vehicle I'm going to buy.

I usual don't but I was interest in the ford and was all set to start play the dealer game when I remember that I want a FJ so I went down to the nearest Toyota dealer and feel in love with the Tundra

OH YEAH They treat me and my wife so well we brought TWO CAR that day from them

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Well I was out today driving in my truck and got a call from the guy from the ford dealer in Smithtown. He called to inform me that he was with a dodge dealer in Commack and precede to ask if I had gotten a truck and I said yes I had purchased a Tundra .He then precede to tell me I was not a true American for buying Japanese:eek:{ there was a few other words but I can't remember what they where}. Well my wife and two small ones where in the truck so I had to restrain my remarks So I simply stated that" I brought the best truck built in America" he mudder something and I hung up It has been burn my *** all day.

So this is my question to you should I

1. Just let it slip by
(snip)
I vote for #1. :)

My 05 is built in Indiana - about American as you can get.

Besides, Ford bought up Mazda, Volvo, Jaguar and Land Rover - now just who is not an American now?!?! And didn't the financials just come out and say Ford isn't predicted to turn a profit until 2009 - maybe stupid runs in the genes at Ford; from the top brass down to the lowly sales people. I don’t think they’re inbred, but you never know (and Winters can get long and boring) – but I digress.

And it’s my opinion that sales guy is pond scum. Another reason I won't buy a car from a dealer as long as I can find a broker I like – oh, guess I already digressed in my first rant (sorry).

Gawd I keep forgetting how much I dislike sales people...

·
Registered
13 Posts
#8) all of the above & write an editorial in you local paper telling all about this dumbass. also, be sure to mention where tundras & f-150s are built!!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Crap I just remember I can't buy a dodge any way the Freakin Nazi's kill my grand father will fighting for this country

Dimler Crapsleir proud builder of junk:D

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
good night all see you all tomorrow

·
Registered
764 Posts
Amazingly I have had a great response from local farmers who drive mostly Ford and Chevys. Only negative comment was from my cousin's punk 16-year-old kid that just got a new King Ranch F-250 to drive to high-school. He was impressed with the drive but, "wouldn't buy no Jap stuff".

I think the general public is too smart to turn their nose to a high quality product made in the USA no matter what country the CEO's office is located in.

In fact more than a few local farmers are very interesting in following my Tundra experience over the next few months. They were very impressed with the test drive I gave them and the build quality of the vehicle.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'd go to the dealership and find his boss and complain to him face to face. That was totally out of line. He should be fired for such a thing. And like was mentioned before, the other dealership he worked for might be interested to know what he did too. I don't normally go out of my way, but for something like this, the a-hole deserves to be fired. :devil:

If they want to start a pissing match over who's American and who's not, I'll throw my Tundra in any day. Sure, Toyota might be a Japanese company, but there are many Toyota's being built in the United States giving money in the form of wages and taxes to the United States. Where are those wages and taxes going with the "Big 3"? Canada and Mexico?

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
I'm so laughing at that dealer which betrated you for buying Japanese. I'd propose the following:

- Ask the dealer to prove that the truck is indeed Japanese made.

Once he sees that it is not Japanese made, offer to show him where they build the truck at by way of the doorjamb sticker!!!! The look on his face will be priceless!

Sanosuke

·
Registered
15 Posts
Why not respond to him via the letters to the editor section of the local newspaper, if you have one.

Why not show everyone what kind of *** he is.

I could really have fun with this one.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts