Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since Gorilla can't be calm until he knows my numbers :rolleyes:

So I went to Nissan Dealer today, since they are the only one who have Mustang Dyno AWD (MD-AWD-1100), with all gadgets... - in my area.
I've asked one of the guys if they can run 3 times, and see what I have to the wheels. (I've payed $70 for their service).
Here is what was entered into consideration:
1. Truck weight 4800 lbs
2. 20" wheels
3. 18% drive train loss
4. Did not measure boost
5. Stock Y-pipe
6. Stock exhaust
7. Stock Intake
So after I will replace my fuel pump and few other things, i will run Dyno and tune my truck after that.

EDIT:
324.4 hp 5150 rpms - to the wheels
360 lbs of torque at 4500 rpms
11-12.6 fuel to air
YouTube - Tundra Super Charged Dyno Relentlessrpm.com 322hp

Attachments

·
Registered
587 Posts
Not fair! I want a super charger!

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, Gorilla thinks I have around 169whp and about 50whp extra for SC... :lol: that is main reason I am tired of that crap and decided to post my numbers.

you have 240HP, no you do not. that was the old system of calulating the HP.
you have more like approx. 229 at the engine.
and
i would hate to imagine what it is at the rear wheel's.
dyno your truck, if i was to guess it's about 169HP at the rear wheel's.
now does my #'s sound better?
gorilla

·
Registered
469 Posts
Man, 324hp is plenty stout! Nothing like the smackdown of cold hard facts. I would love to see what you would gain with headers, Y pipe, free flow ex etc...I plan on getting my 06 dynoed sometime when I get a chance. I have all of what I just mentioned so according to my math 271hp stock + 10% gain with headers, Y pipe exhaust, 18% driveline loss = 244 to the wheels. We will see.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Well, Gorilla thinks I have around 169whp and about 50whp extra for SC... :lol: that is main reason I am tired of that crap and decided to post my numbers.
What is the correction factor on your runs. Hate to say it but your numbers don't seem realistic. Post up your dyno chart. I'm guessing uncorrected numbers or the dyno is way off. Mustang dyno's normally run low also, so your numbers being posted are really not believable.

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've attached PDF file for you to see in the first post :nod:

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I've attached PDF file for you to see in the first post :nod:
Chart does not tell anything that helps. My advice would be to dyno it somewhere else. You start at 245 hp at the flywheel, end up with 324 at the wheels, so your flywheel Hp is 382. A 140 HP gain at the flywheel with just a supercharger on a stock small engine is not possible. I would love it to be true but it just isn't. Dyno at a performance shop and report back.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Any idea how much boost you are running?

·
Registered
639 Posts

You also have to realize he was scared of posting his dyno for almost a week :rolleyes:

as for:
A 140 HP gain at the flywheel with just a supercharger on a stock small engine is not possible. I would love it to be true but it just isn't. Dyno at a performance shop and report back.

Explain your reasoning behind it being "not possible"

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will get better graph if needed.

Here is my mods:

1. TRD SC
2. 9psi pulley
3. JBA Headers
4. Unichip
5. IK22 Denso

That is it at this moment.

I don't understand how come its hard to believe my HP and TQ numbers, I think I should have more. At this point I think I am at MAX on stock engine.

May be in the future I will get 07+ Tundra and make a monster out of it.

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Man, 324hp is plenty stout! Nothing like the smackdown of cold hard facts. I would love to see what you would gain with headers, Y pipe, free flow ex etc...I plan on getting my 06 dynoed sometime when I get a chance. I have all of what I just mentioned so according to my math 271hp stock + 10% gain with headers, Y pipe exhaust, 18% driveline loss = 244 to the wheels. We will see.
I think Gorilla have similar set-up of what you want to do, (JBA headers, Volant Intake and some kind of exhaust + Unichip)
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/966145-post1/

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
You also have to realize he was scared of posting his dyno for almost a week :rolleyes:

as for:

Explain your reasoning behind it being "not possible"

I'm not going to get into an argument over this. Dyno war crap just does not pan out no matter what forum its on. I recommended getting it dynoed at another facility. If he does not want to its up to him and no one will care.

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm not going to get into an argument over this. Dyno war crap just does not pan out no matter what forum its on. I recommended getting it dynoed at another facility. If he does not want to its up to him and no one will care.

I will get it Dynoed in tampa FL (Its about 100+ miles away from me)

Give me few days, and we will see new DYNO

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I will get it Dynoed in tampa FL (Its about 100+ miles away from me)

Give me few days, and we will see new DYNO
That sounds good. Post up the shop name. Doesn't really matter if its a mustang or dynojet, mustang normally runs 20whp low. Hope it does do what the first one did.

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
... You start at 245 hp at the flywheel, end up with 324 at the wheels, so your flywheel Hp is 382. A 140 HP gain at the flywheel with just a supercharger on a stock small engine is not possible.....
What do you base your statement on? The truck started with 240hp. TRD says the sc adds 50% at peak or 120 so your up to 360 before his other mods. He shows a 18% drive train loss so 396 at the engine. This sounds about right with all the mods. He did 3 runs.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi nice job!
i'd love & i'm sure we would love to see the sheet, it is almost a straight line.
i have never seen that before.
but prop's.
i still want to run you 1/4 mile at a track. but you will have more & so will i.
i will be going to tampa when my new interior is done.
gorilla

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Gorilla that is the beauty of SC, you get torque gains from low rpms, and it stays almost straight

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi,
sweet, than my hope is we can run each other at a track in tampa.
i will let you know, when i'm going.
i will give you plenty of time to get your tundra ready for me.
i will have a custom tuned unichip, & maybe a 2 stage nitrous kit, nicely done.
&
still you will have alot more power than i. since you have 300+HP off the line,
but i'm expected to loose, but it will be fun , no matter what.
if this is something you are interested in.
maybe we can get some TS member's to come and see you whip me.
someone bring a video pretty please.
gorilla

1 - 20 of 88 Posts