Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I am a moron when it comes to color. (Actually, I'm color blind, but can see colors- just not well). I'm about or order a new DC and want a color that makes the truck look good (sharp, aggressive, good lines), but that won't show a lot of scratches. I expect a lot of scratches from going off road and carrying a camper. Trees/bushes cause scratches, I accept that. Dark colors show scratches too well, so the blues, reds and black are out. (I don't think the colors online do it justice and no dealer near me has enough colors to compare in person).

I've narrowed it down to Slate Metallic, Pyrite Mica, White or Timberland Mica. This is ts.com, so I know there is no shortage of opinions.:tu: Remember: "scratch tolerance" + "good looks" is the criteria. What says the board?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Well, I had an 03 black tundra and worked out of it traveling to job sites etc and never really had any problems with scratches. I rode this truck hard going to remote locations. I have the timberland mica and really cant tell as to how it will hold up to abuse. I have noticed that when it rains it is not as back as black showing dirt.

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Slate is out, it is almost black, thats what I am getting.

You may want to look at the SilverSky Met., I have heard good things.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I would have to say that i saw my first Pyrite Mica truck yesterday and it is a very very good looking truck and color. As was posted earlier it sorta has the dirt color look to it....so im thinkin dust and stuff that settles wouldnt really be noticeable as much and scratches certainly wouldnt be...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Pyrite was my initial first choice, but I liked the Silver Sky so much when I saw it in person that is what I purchased. Have said that, I think they all look good - especially as they smoke a hemi or a 150.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Pyrite & dirt

LMFAO:D

I don't care about dirt as much as scratches. Scratches and looks are the criteria.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Scratches

I don't see any reason why anyone should pay for factory scratches when you can get them aftermarket so easily.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I like Silver Sky Metallic. I think it looks sharp & is the easiest to take care of. I've had black cars, white cars, charcoal cars, and my last car was silver. Out of all of them, silver was the easiest to keep clean looking.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I came close to getting the slate. Great color, but ending up getting the silver sky. The silver will be much easier to keep clean and show up scratches less.

·
Registered
548 Posts
silver hides scratches well, and appears clean longer than other colors.
silver rocks

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm waiting on my Slate CM but I have had 2 silver Dodge Rams and Silver is the easiest color to keep clean and stay clean looking. It doesn't show dirt and dust. It is a very nuetral color.
I got Slate because I was needed a change from Silver.:cool:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Silver Sky... picked mine up yesterday..looks the best with black and chrome accessories they show up fantastic on it and It is so easy to take care of..just traded my 05 F150 black and all I did was clean it every two days..just my opinion, you have to live with and love it!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, I went with Dirt- um, I mean Pyrite Mica. Hey, I'm colorblind anyway and it looked good to me! They tell me the first week of May.

:ts:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts