Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Well, after thinking and thinking... I bought a Tundra tonight. :tu:

It's a Black 5.7L DC 4WD SR5 w TRD package. It will have a bed liner and hard tonneau cover too. It's the only one the dealer had of that type and it was on the lot. He said it would be a 2 to 3 month wait if I had to order one. The dealer gave me $20,000 for my Highlander so that sealed the deal.

So... it's done. I'll post pics when I get it. Should have it in the driveway next Tuesday or Wednesday.

This site helped me research and finally decide on going ahead.

Regards,
Ken

·
Registered
595 Posts
Congrats.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Congratulations. Post up the pics when you get em.:tu:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Welcome to TS. Bet you will notice a slight power increase in the Tundra over the Highlander!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hey everyone,

Well, after thinking and thinking... I bought a Tundra tonight. :tu:

It's a Black ...
Did you think about $4 a gallon? I know those HLs can get 22-24 mpgs and that could be something you might wanna remember when you punch that 5.7 thinking to yourself, "F the mpgs, that HL actually shrunk my special purpose..."

·
Registered
378 Posts
Did you think about $4 a gallon? I know those HLs can get 22-24 mpgs and that could be something you might wanna remember when you punch that 5.7 thinking to yourself, "F the mpgs, that HL actually shrunk my special purpose..."
Ahhh. Enjoy your truck as most of us here do. It is going to be a long weekend though!

Don't worry about the MPG. I have learned that you can make up for the MPG and stomping the 5.7L that if you skip the grocery store you are OK. :)

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ya, I did think of this a lot. The Highlander was getting about 21 MPG (11.4 L/100Km in Canada). But, with a lease payment of only $199/month, I'll be able to put gas in in the Tundra. Besides, if I really can't live with the MPGs, I'm sure I'd have no problem finding someone to take over a lease like this.

Actually, I took the Tundra out for a spin again last night before signing the papers. I set the info display to live mileage mode. On the highway, the display bounced around from 9 L/100km (26MPG) to 14 L/100Km (16.8 MPG) usually sitting close to 12 (19 MPG). So, that's not too bad really. Of course, this is cruising at 100Km/h (60 MPH) and did not take into account any city driving that will bring the number down.

:cool:

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Mark,

I'm typing this message on an Intel MacBook (work computer). My home machine is a G5 Flat Panel iMac. I use iMac with Apple's Logic Pro music production software (my hobby).

Regards,
Ken

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
lol, How you like that intel Mac? Theyre screamers huh? Were on a dual 2.3 G5, 3 gigs ram and 23" cinema display. I havent played with Logic yet, but I'm in the process of teaching myself (or attempting to teach myself, lol) Final Cut right now. Editing is kinda a hobby of mine too. Got 4 friends so far to convert from Windows and they all have the 20" intel iMacs and just love em. Wife and I talk about getting the new Mac Pro someday, but this G5 is still a monster.

Anyway, nice to have met ya Ken.

Mark

1 - 17 of 17 Posts