Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
. . . as I don't daily drive my Tundra anymore, I don't drive it much at all anymore, but when I do, on the weekends, it is a true-joy.

This past weekend I took a 20 mile one way drive and on the long, straight roads, up to 50 MPH, I would put it into 4WD and got everything spinning under there/all lubed up. I also made sure to only disengage when decelerating and it definitely helps with the "clunk" when coming out of 4WD.

102,250 miles, 2004.

I did just have both passenger side 02 sensors replaced and the dealership said they reprogrammed the ECU according to a technical bulletin so I should be good for a while there. New muffler this past spring as well.

·
Registered
431 Posts
giggity, i have yet to do that this summer :/

fail

·
Registered
429 Posts
Was really hoping for a better story than 4wd on pavement!! Haha....good to hear your still happy

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know NegroTundra.

I happen to live in about the WORST part of any state in the US, Massachusetts, where there is about NOPLACE to go offroading.

I only wish I could have gone on trails to work out the 4WD other than driving at 40-50 mph down 2 lane road. Really weak, I know, sorry I tricked you into reading.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
thundra04struck,

where are you in MA? im bout half hour south of boston. i cant help you in terms of places as im in the same situation but its nice to see a fellow Masshole here

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oofy15354, I'm 25 miles, 1/2 hour north of Boston.

I used to drive about 70-80 miles north to Maine to ride dirtbikes and there were driving trails up there but I can't justify the drive to just go off-roading anymore.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
yeah i have no motivation to drive 3+ hours to find trails. im stuck using my friends dirt yard where he keeps his paving stuff. its like 2 acres big and all i can do is make a big oval cause of all his stuff. great use of 4x4 haha

·
Professional Driver
501 Posts
In central Mass there are plenty of places to go offroading. i dont go much with my Tundra, but I was out every weekend when I had my Tacoma.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts